Forums | Mahara Community

Comments on feature proposals /
Make Mahara assignment type work with Moodle 2.3+

Ruslan Kabalin's profile picture

14 August 2013, 10:31

I had a brief look at the code Tony published, it seems we are using different paradigms. I am not sure how Tony's version diffirintiate between assignments that requires clicking submit button and those that don't and how it tracks locking/unlocking done by teacher in Moodle (we have added some fixes recently to Moodle core for this purpose, they are not used in Tony's version). Anyway, I will be able to say more about the differences once I have tested it properly. As Tony's said, might be good to combine best things from both plugins together and have an excellent plugin out.

Jasmin Hodge's profile picture

26 September 2013, 11:34

Reading this post with delight - I shall have some of my Moodle champions evaluate this and feedback to forum.  We have just upgraded to 2.4 and used the plugin very well within one department.  A lot of time was spent on the page being locked, so this will be well received - thank you.
Jim Judges's profile picture

13 January 2014, 23:02

As there have been no comments since 26th September 2013 can I ask for clarification on the following points:

• Do both plugins exist separately or have they been merged?
  • If still separate which one is best for assignment submission of Mahara pages (ideally including collections) in Moodle and locking of associated pages?

Many thanks for any support, guidance and comments on this,

Jim

14 January 2014, 0:09

Hi Jim,

• Both plugins exist separately, see wiki page for details on each.
  • Try both and choose the one you like more. None of them is including collections at the moment.

Ruslan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 January 2014, 14:36

Hello Jim,

We (Catalyst) are working on finalizing Ruslan's update to the plugin to work with collections and some other Moodle 2 functionality. The plugin hasn't been signed off yet, but we hope to provide the code to the community soon.

Cheers

Kristina

Jim Judges's profile picture

20 January 2014, 21:55

Hi Kristina & Ruslan,

Thanks both for your replies and updates.

Getting the plugin to work with collections will be a big help and will be welcomed by the community, I am sure.

Thanks again for your efforts and support in this area - I will look forward to the announcement once the plugin is signed off and made available.

Cheers,

Jim

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 May 2014, 3:23

Hi Kristina - any update on this?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

22 May 2014, 13:04

Hi Darren,

We've released a working version of the Moodle 2.3+ Mahara assignment submission plugin here: https://github.com/catalyst/assignsubmission_mahara

There are a few known bugs, which I've noted in the issue tracker for the github page. I hope to get those resolved soon. If you find any others, please let me know there.

Cheers,

Aaron

22 May 2014, 21:11

That is great, we now have collections, thanks for contributing! I have updated the wiki.

23 May 2014, 2:20

Aaron, do you want to add it to Moodle plugins directory may be, so people will be able to find it quicker?