Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Edit skin 15.04 vs 16.04

Emilie Lenel's profile picture

13 July 2016, 0:50

Hello

We upgraded our test platform to Mahara 16.04.2

In Mahara 15.04 we had many options for skin creation. 

skins1504.png

In Mahara 16.04 it seems that we have less options... I can't find out the previous "Page background colour" parameter.  It seems to have disapeared, can you confirm ?

skins1604.png

Thanks for your support

BR

Emilie

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 July 2016, 5:28

Hello Emilie,

It is correct that a number of the options were reduced. The skins prior to 15.10 could render the navigation non-readable. Therefore, we reduced the area that people could change to content area, i.e. the background between the header and footer and then the colors on the page.

Cheers

Kristina

Aaron Wells's profile picture

13 July 2016, 10:48

That said, if you find the 16.04 skins fields too restrictive, it is still possible to change most things via the "Custom CSS" field under the "Advanced" tab. Though that does require more work, because you have to write raw CSS.

For instance, the equivalent of the old "Page background" field would be something like this:

.main-content {
background-color: red;
}

Hm, although this specific bit of CSS leaves an annoying white strip at the bottom, which is apparently due to a styling on "body > .main-content > .row", which I can't override in a skin because of a bug that prevents me from using ">" in the skin Custom CSS. I've filed a bug report about that: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1602447

Cheers,

Aaron

3 results