Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
admin access

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 December 2015, 6:13

I have seem to enabled my site in a way that I no longer have full admin rights.   I am linked to Moodle and can only log in as my Moodle user with is an Administrator but it seems only to the Org.  How can I get to a login screen for my local admin account?

Thank you!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

04 December 2015, 8:27

Hello Ryan,

If your Mahara is not set up to automatically redirect you to Moodle, you could try the following:

1. Log in via Moodle.
  2. Copy the base URL for your Mahara instance.
  3. Log out -> You'll be taken back to Moodle.
  4. Paste the base URL you copied in step 2 into the address bar. With any luck, you'll see the login box and can use your internal Mahara user account there.

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

04 December 2015, 9:10

It did redirect but clicking the X on the URL bar right after I went to our Mahara site allowed me access to the login page!

Am I able to give my Moodle user site admin rights?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

07 December 2015, 9:49

You can give your Moodle user site admin rights, but you have to assign those admin rights manually, from within Mahara.

Log in as your local Mahara user (who is an admin) and then go to "Administration -> Users -> Site administrators", find the Moodle user by their username, and add them to "Current administrators". Then click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page.

Cheers,

Aaron

4 results