Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
SAML User auto-creation

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

22 July 2015, 2:35

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a 'works as designed', although I don't understand why if it is the latter.

The situation is this: I've switched on user auto-creation in the SAML setting for the institution. This works correctly and creates the user in Mahara if they aren't there. However the next time the user tries to login Mahara bombs out with a "A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system" message to the user and an error log message of '[WAR] 82 (lib/user.php:2335) user_create: remoteusername already exists: '  

If I turn the auto-create off and re-enable the 'Match remote user' the users can then login .

When setting up SAML and turning on auto-create the form won't save if  'Match remote user' is on.

Is it the case that I'm missing something?

Kevin

Aaron Wells's profile picture

22 July 2015, 19:03

Hi Kevin,

That sounds like a bug. What version of Mahara are you using?

Cheers,

Aaron

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

22 July 2015, 20:12

Hi Aaron,

sorry I was going to post that but forgot, it is 15.04.1.

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 August 2015, 8:46

Kevin tracked down the problem and posted the solution at

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1486699

Samuel Witzig's profile picture

03 September 2015, 3:25

Hi Kristina

I just wanted to add that the latest Mahara 1.10-release also has this problem. I was able to solve the issue for now with a shorter username. Will this be fixed for Mahara 1.10?

Best,

Samuel

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 September 2015, 7:49

Hello Samuel,

The patch will be applied to all supported versions of Mahara once it passed code review.

If you want to go ahead and give it a go on your testing environment, please see https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/5160 for the changes.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results