Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Import Leap2 Zip on Mac

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

20 June 2015, 3:31

Hi,

I have tried importing my Leap2 zip file on three browsers (Chrome, Safari and Firefox) on a MAC running 10.7.5. In all instances, I get either no response or an error screen. However, I am able to import the Leap2 file if it is not zipped. The problem though, is that none of the files are imported, and have to manually added.

I have the same response in both our 1.9.4 instance and the most recent Mahara.org instance. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? 

Thank you, Marylena

Patric Lougheed's profile picture

20 June 2015, 5:14

Hello Marylena,

I doubt this is related to your OS or browser. I suspect the server is missing the zip binary so that it can process the compressed file. I have also experienced this import issue and it was because the server was using MySql as the database. Switching to Postgres resolved the issue for me.

If you have access to the server error logs you can probably get a clue as to what is wrong.

Hope this helps a little.

Patric

Account deleted

20 June 2015, 6:06

After much testing, on a Mac and a PC, I think the issue is related to Collections. It seems that if the use has collections, there is a problem with the import. But if the user does not have Collections, it imports with no issue.

Thoughts?

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

20 June 2015, 7:43

Hi Marlena,

for a test, you could try to import into www.portfoliocommunities.com We sometimes receive imports with collections and they process fine. If it imports there fine, at least you can rule out that something is wrong with your Leap file.

Account deleted

20 June 2015, 8:53

You are right Dirk, my Leap file with collections imported no problem with portfoliocommunities.com .

If it is the mySQL server, then why would it work with Leap files that didn't contain Collections?

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

21 June 2015, 2:57

Hi Marylena,

I am afraid that is beyond my expertise and a developer should probably take some guesses about possible causes.

Good luck.

Account deleted

25 June 2015, 1:51

Hi Dirk,

Do you know what version you are running on portfoliocommunities?

Thank you!

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 June 2015, 17:07

Hello Marylena,

What does the error message say that you get?

Thank you

Kristina

Aaron Wells's profile picture

24 June 2015, 11:24

Hi Marylena,

Or if you wouldn't mind sharing a copy of one of the affected Leap files, that would be really helpful for debugging this.

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

25 June 2015, 1:28

Hi Aaron, how should I share that? Email to you? the files are very large.

Marylena

13 results