Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
New Plugin : School Info

Kevin Rickis's profile picture

19 June 2015, 0:56

Hi All,

On behalf of the EdICT Training, who I work for, I have just released a plugin module called schoolinfo here on GitHub. 

schoolinfo is a simple Mahara module which provides functions to return school sessions and terms. I consider it a developer module in that it doesn't really do anything for the end user directly but if you need to calculate school sessions or terms for your own modules then this will, hopefully, save you the work.

I'm happy to field questions via GitHub or here on mahara.org

Kevin

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 June 2015, 9:24

Hello Kevin,

Thank you very much for this announcement. I added the plugin to our list of other plugins: https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/Plugins#Other

The link to your sample site doesn't work. Do you happen to have a screenshot where one could see what it is supposed to look like?

Cheers

Kristina

19 June 2015, 20:03

Hi Kristina,

sorry I think I have made it confusing. I don't have a sample site, once the module is installed you can see and example on your site. I've changed it to read "Sample usage can be found in the index.php file and you can view the results once the module is installed on your site by going to /module/schoolinfo" I think this is clearer.

A good example why programmers shouldn't write documentation. ;)

Kevin

21 June 2015, 17:08

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for the clarification. The URL did look a bit generic, but I wanted to give it a try anyway since it sounded like it should work. Sorry for translating incorrectly.

Do you happen to have a screenshot available somewhere of what it looks like when it's installed?

Thank you

Kristina

22 June 2015, 21:59

Hi Kristina,

I'll install it on a generic system and take a screenshot later this week. The system I have it on has custom menus and I don't want to confuse things. :)

Kevin

23 June 2015, 16:54

Hello Kevin,

Awesome. Thank you. Please feel free to link the screenshot on the wiki. Your mahara.org account works for the wiki login as well.

Cheers

Kristina

Aaron Wells's profile picture

24 June 2015, 11:22

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing your plugin! What do you use this plugin for? Messages in a custom theme, maybe?

Cheers,

Aaron

7 results