Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem with LDAP and (no) email

Howard Miller's profile picture

01 May 2015, 1:41

Our users authenticate from LDAP however one or two users are not issued with internal email addresses and have no 'mail' field. 

So, when they first log into Mahara they are asked for their email address. They will supply their personal address (all of which is fine). However, after this they appear to be stuck as they report they don't get the confirmation email. I'm unsure why as mail otherwise works. 

Anyway, is there any way that the administrator can update and/or confirm their address for them (I can't see any way)

Aaron Wells's profile picture

01 May 2015, 12:19

Hi Howard,

Perhaps you could use the admin "Upload users by CSV" page to fill in their email address? (Ticking the "Update users" box)

Cheers,

Aaron

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 May 2015, 21:05

Hello Howard,

Since they are already authenticated and simply add a required field, they aren't supposed to get a confirmation email.

You could check under Administration -> Users -> Users search if the email address was added properly. Or the students can do so under Content -> Profile -> Contact information.

Since their accounts are synced via LDAP I suspect that their email address may be overwritten by the empty field every time a sync is performed. The best thing may be to update your LDAP directory and add an email address for them there.

Cheers

Kristina

Howard Miller's profile picture

06 May 2015, 2:18

That could be possible. 

Unfortunately, the local regime does not permit this class of user to have an email address. I know.... Cry

4 results