Forums | Mahara Themes

General discussion /
Layout of the public homepage

15 December 2014, 4:33

Hi ! My question is about public home page.
Is it possible to create a public home page. One that exists today does not have a layout with " block".

Thanks

Alain GACHIGNARD

15 December 2014, 5:17

Hello Alain,

Content de te revoir ici.

What do you mean by public home page? There are different kinds of home pages in Mahara :

• user profile page
  • institution's homepage
  • group's homepage

The first is automatically made public when the admin allows public pages in the admin settings for the institution.

The second is accessible only to users belonging to this institution, but pages can be made public within the institution and accessible to those who know their URL

The third is publicly accessible (for reading) if the group is an open-group and it allows public pages.

All pages including homepages have blocks you can setup on a layout you can edit.

Maybe, if my message doesn't answer properly your question, could you be more specific.

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 December 2014, 8:45

Hello Alain,

You can change the content on the homepage of Mahara, i.e. the page that people see when they have not yet logged in, in Administration -> Configure site -> Static pages. That page does not have any blocks that you can add, but only the content that you enter in the "Static pages" section. Alternatively, you can also include some elements in the theme if they are to be static. See for example http://myportfolio.school.nz/ and http://myportfolio.ac.nz/

If you want to display content from certain blocks on a page that the public should have access, I suggest you create a site page (Administration -> Configure site -> Pages), put the blocks on it that you want and then make it public. You can link to that page from the homepage via regular link in the text or by using the "Links and resources" sidebar (Administration -> Configure site -> Menus).

Cheers

Kristina

16 December 2014, 4:31

Thank you for your answers.

As was done with version 1.10 with the profiles and dashboard pages , I imagined the same thing for the public page .
The availability of such an attractive layout for the public page as for portfolio pages. Can have a graphically reponsive page.
It will be soon ;-)

Thank you for your answers.
Our Mahara ePortfolio project is an experience I would talk soon with pleasure. We find other uses that are exciting !
see you soon

Alain GACHIGNARD
http://eportfolio.cneap.fr

16 December 2014, 5:34

hello,

Just to clarify, I'm talking about the public page for non-logged in users.
You have on your platform a theme that a layout responsive, with some blocks.
We would like to have for our eportfolio.cneap.fr platform, a homepage theme "magazine". Do you have any technical suggestions?

see you soon

Alain GACHIGNARD

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 December 2014, 12:15

Hello Alain,

As I mentioned in my previous post, you cannot have blocks on the homepage, i.e. the "logged-out homepage". That functionality does not yet exist in Mahara.

However, if you want to put your content in to the three boxes that are currently "Create", "Share" and "Engage", you can change them easily. They are governed by the template "homeinfo.tpl" in the theme.

Cheers

Kristina

26 December 2014, 8:02

Hello Kristina,

Thank you very much.
I will try this option.

The Communication on the home page as a one of a cms is an important element to communicate about the project.

See You soon,

Alain GACHIGNARD

7 results