Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Add blocktype plugin on dashboard page of normal user

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 November 2014, 18:45

Hi all,

I am new to mahara. I want to create a blocktype plugin and want to show it on dahboard page of logged in user as like My Pages, Lattest Pages, ... 

I have created a template plugin and installed it under blocktype extensions. but it is not coming on my dashboard page. 

What i have to do to show that plugin?

03 November 2014, 21:04

Hello

After you ave copied the files under bocktype, vous must activate your new plugin under Site Administration -> Plugin

Also you must add your new block on the Dashbord by editing it under Pages

Regards,

-dajan
Account deleted

04 November 2014, 23:00

Hi dajan, 

Already I have moved the files and folders under blocktype and installed it via Administration -> Extensions. 

Mentioned a category as 'general' on get_categories() and get_viewtypes() as 'dashboard' in lib.php.

Do i need to do anything further? if it is so, please explain me

*Note : mahara version : 1.9.3

Regards,
Kamala Kamatchi Devi.
Robert Lyon's profile picture

05 November 2014, 7:08

Hi Kamala,

Can you check the blocktype_installed table in your database to make sure that

1) the new blocktype you've made is present and

2) that the blocktype is active

Cheers

Robert

Account deleted

05 November 2014, 18:26

Hi Robert,

My blocktype name is present in the table blocktype_installed, blocktype_installed_category and blocktype_installed_viewtype  (I think i need a record on block_instance table. But i don't know how to create it). 

Regards,

Kamala Kamatchi Devi

Aaron Wells's profile picture

07 November 2014, 14:50

Hi Kamala,

It sounds like the remaining step you need to take is to actually add an instance of the block to your dashboard page, and to the template for new users' dashboard pages.

You can edit your own dashboard page like any other Mahara portfolio page, by going to the "Portfolio" tab and clicking the "edit" icon next to that page.

In Mahara 1.10 and later, you can edit the templates that are used for new users' dashboards by going to Administration -> Configure Site -> Pages. (In Mahara 1.9 and earlier, you have to hack the DB to edit the new user dashboard template.)

If your blocktype is installed and setup correctly, when you're editing a page you should see it in the block picker along with all the other block types.

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

11 November 2014, 21:38

Hi Wells,

As you told, i have edited the page's block type plugin. But it is coming on single user's (admin or who is changed) dashboard only.

what i need is add a block type plugin as  one of the default blocktype plugins like other four (Lattest Pages, My pages, inbox, topics i am following)  for all user's.

Is there any way to do that?

Regards,

Kamala Kamatchi Devi

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

12 November 2014, 7:49

Hello Kamala,

If you are using Mahara 1.10, you can set up the default dashboard for new users in Administration -> Configure site -> Pages (see the user manual). You cannot change it for existing users easily.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results