Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Bulk Delete Groups

Helen Bound's profile picture

24 October 2014, 0:39

We have quite an established Mahara with over 600 groups ! (dont ask). Is there a way to bulk delete groups as we are doing a major housekeep and only want to keep around 20 and I will lose the will to live if I have to manually delete each one!

Aaron Wells's profile picture

24 October 2014, 10:43

Sorry, there's no built-in way to delete groups in bulk. :(

You could use the admin "Add groups by CSV" page (which also lets you update groups) to mark them all as "hidden" and "closed", which would at least prevent new members from joining them.

Cheers,

Aaron

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 November 2014, 16:34

Hello Helen,

I created a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1388495 for further discussion.

Cheers

Kristina

Bei Chapman's profile picture

01 May 2020, 7:15

Hi Kristina,

It's Bei from Carleton U in Ottawa. Hope all going well with you.

Do you have any update on this topic, deleting groups in bulk via either UI or CLI, especially in one category?

I need to delete all pre-populated Summer 2020 groups in our Mahara system, and these groups don't have the enrollment and faculty assignment yet, only one admin-role user. The reason is that the data source has changed some of the courses' CRNs which are used for the "shortname" of mahara groups. And they are the unique identifiers between our Moodle system and Mahara system if you remember.

Thanks,

Bei

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

01 May 2020, 8:42

Hi Bei,

We do have a CLI script for that.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results