Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Firefox and accessibility bug

Don Presant's profile picture

16 September 2014, 1:40

HI:

I'm looking for some help in labeling this before I enter it as a bug..

In page edit mode in v1.9 I notice now that if you click on Text Box (or any other block that's available), rather than drag it onto the page, a dialogue box pops up asking you where you want to place it on the page. Good for accessibility.

It works nicely in Chrome (not sure about IE) but in Firefox the title of the text box is not editable, even after placing it, hitting Display Page, then re-editing. Also, you can't seem to close/cancel that first dialogue box; you're forced to Accept.

Assuming it's not just me, what's a good title for this bug?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

16 September 2014, 11:26

Hi Don,

For a bug title, how about: "Blocks placed via positioning pop-up, are not editable"

I tried to replicate this bug just now and I was not able to. I was using Mahara 1.9.2 and Firefox 32.0 on Ubuntu 12.04. When I clicked and used the positioning pop-up instead of drag-and-drop, I was able to edit the title of the block as normal. I could also close the positioning pop-up.

I did notice a bit of strangeness with the display. The cursor didn't show up when I clicked in the block's "title" or "tag" fields. But I could still edit them.

Cheers,

Aaron

17 September 2014, 8:22

Hi Aaron:

Agreed that what I thought was the inability to edit was in fact strangeness with display. and this time I was able to close the window, regardless of whether I had edited or not. I'll enter the bug as that...

Robert Lyon's profile picture

16 September 2014, 12:12

Hi Don,

There are a few bug patches for version 1.9 and the artefact chooser on the edit page screen.

https://reviews.mahara.org/#/q/status:open+project:mahara+branch:1.9_STABLE+topic:artefactchooser_1_9,n,z

Are you able to test them out to see if they fix your problem?

Cheers

Robert

17 September 2014, 8:23

HI Robert:

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to test the server directly.

Have these patches been applied to demo.mahara.org? That's where I just tested again before I replied to Aaron.

Don

17 September 2014, 8:33

I tested again and it's got nothing to do with the accessibility issue..happens even when you drag the artefact onto the page.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 November 2014, 18:59

Hello Don,

Can you please test again? A fix was released for Mahara 1.9.

Could you also please check it out on demo.mahara.org? Son was not able to reproduce the issue on the code that became Mahara 1.10, but then Aaron couldn't replicate it initially for 1.9.

Thank you

Kristina

7 results