Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Internet Explorer - Mahara 1.8

12 September 2014, 20:30

Hi All,

I did try to find existing posts about this subject but failed and I am not sure which is the best forum to post this to, but the fact that Mahara doesn't always display properly in Internet Explorer is causing us major headaches and causing some at our institution to question whether Mahara is the right choice of e-portfolio.  I'm hoping someone will have a solution other than don't use IE which is not an option for us.

Here is an example.  The first image is the screen for sharing pages in Mahara 1.8 viewed in Chrome.  The second image is the same page viewed in IE10 and 11 with no buttons making it totally useless.  The third image is IE10 viewing the page in Mahara 1.5 which is OK.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Bob Ridge-Stearn, Newman University, Birmingham UK.

Robert Lyon's profile picture

15 September 2014, 7:21

Hi Bob,

Hmm, this looks to be a problem with the javascript of that form and Internet Explorer.

Now the problem could be that IE is not rendering the access list correctly or is failing on some javascript that comes before the rendering of the list.

Does the IE browser show any javascript errors? Here is some information on how to see javascript errors in IE 10 -> http://cggallant.blogspot.co.nz/2011/03/viewing-javascript-errors-in-internet.html

I will try and take a look at the problem today and see what I can find.

Cheers

Robert

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 November 2014, 10:28

Hello Bob,

We could not reproduce your issue in IE 10 or IE 11 using the default theme in Mahara 1.8.

Did you already have the chance to see if there are any Javascript errors as Robert mentioned in his previous post?

Did you make any theme customizations? We've had theme faults reported in the past that resulted from just very small changes that had been made to the theme.

If you want us to take a look at what's going on on your instance, we can do so, but would need access to your environment. Please see our support packages option.

Cheers

Kristina

13 November 2014, 4:20

Hi Robert and Kristina,

Thanks for your replies and apologies for not getting back to you.  A million other problems have arisen since then and been fixed or otherwise! (Not in Mahara I hasten to add).  Anyway, I've just been told that the problem has been fixed and it was because the browser was set to compatibility mode. We have now changed this for the whole campus and are just hoping that it won't cause another problem (we turned it on for a reason, but have now forgotten why!)

Thanks again.
Bob

Aaron Wells's profile picture

13 November 2014, 10:46

Hi Bob,

I'm glad to hear it worked out. (And that it wasn't Mahara's fault Wink).

Cheers,

Aaron

5 results