Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Missing Skin Background Settings?

Jeff Ferrell's profile picture

10 June 2014, 7:19

I was watching a tutorial on page skins in Mahara 1.8, and thought I'd check them out in my new, developing 1.9.1 install. It looks like on the Skin Background (and Page Background?) tabs, I'm completely missing the options to select a background image. Those tabs only have "Skin background color: transparent or #ffffff."

Did the options change with 1.9? Or have I missed a config option somewhere else? 

Thanks for any help!

Robert Lyon's profile picture

10 June 2014, 9:18

Hi Jeff,

Site skins do not have the ability to add background images (ie under Administration -> Configure site -> Skins) and will display what you described, was this the section you were in?

User created skins under Portfolio -> Skins will have the ability to add background images to the skin.

Cheers

Robert

10 June 2014, 10:11

Ah, I see—yes, I was working in site skins, because I do not have a Portfolio > Skins option! :( So, have I missed a toggle switch there, somewhere?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

10 June 2014, 14:06

Check that your institution has skins enabled. Skins can be enabled/disabled on a per-institution basis. If you belong to at least one institution that has skins enabled, then you should see Portfolio -> Skins

10 June 2014, 23:35

Aha!—Thanks! I didn't have Page Skins ticked for my default Institution under Administer Institutions. Everything looks good now!

A "Site theme" then, I guess, just allows an administrator to set up themes with different fonts and colors, but keep the basic theme's page style intact? Is that the reason those are set up without backgrounds?

Paul Raper's profile picture

04 February 2015, 20:53

I have a problem with skins. Skins are enabled, and the option shows via the tab on the page. However, when I select a skin, there is no change to the page. How do I get the skin to display on the page after I have selected it. Cry

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 February 2015, 11:59

Hello Paul,

Are you viewing the page just in edit mode or did you switch to dislay mode and still can't see the skin?

Cheers

Kristina

Paul Raper's profile picture

05 February 2015, 23:54

Hi Kristina,

Nope, in normal view. The funny thing is I was trying to apply a skin to my profile page, one which has been already created in Mahara. However, if I generate a new page and apply a skin there, it displays no problem. Hmmmm. Does this mean you can't retrospectively apply a skin, or not to Mahara default pages?

Robert Lyon's profile picture

10 February 2015, 8:35

Hi Paul,

The problem is actually due to the profile page being slightly different to other pages. It uses user/view.php instead of view/view.php. And that is not sorted for skins just yet. I've filed a bug for this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1419951

Cheers

Robert

9 results