Forums | Mahara Themes

General discussion /
Mahara Colour Theme Set

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 May 2009, 22:16

Hi, I've uploaded a view with links to downloads for 11 themes. The themes are very simple with colour changes only - no reformatting of text or positioning. Each theme has a new coloured icon set. The idea is that these may provide a good basis for people to work from in the future if they desire a certain colour that isn't the standard mahara green, particularly for the icons.

Hopefully some people will find this useful!?

Here is the view

Account deleted

21 May 2009, 23:09

Hi Richard - awesome!! CoolCool

I just downloaded one and had a quick poke around inside, looks like you got the theme ineritance thing right Smile

Thanks very much to you and TDM for this great contribution!

Account deleted

22 May 2009, 6:23

Hi - some people are reporting they can't see the view even if they're logged in, are you able to make it public to everyone? Smile
Account deleted

22 May 2009, 13:04

Sorry.. they are publicly available now Smile
Account deleted

30 January 2012, 11:47

Hi Richard,

Will these themes work with Mahara 1.4?  If not, have you come across any blue and white Mahara themes that would be compatible with 1.4? 

Thanks

Tom

Account deleted

30 January 2012, 13:08

Hi Tom,

Will these themes work with Mahara 1.4?

Unfortunately not, quite a few things have changed between versions and you're likely to experience some 'weirdness' if you try and use them in 1.4.

They are long overdue an upgrade, if I find some spare hours I'll try to create a new set, although this may be for Mahara 1.5 - due out this year.

If not, have you come across any blue and white Mahara themes that would be compatible with 1.4?

I haven't, If you have some CSS knowledge you could try copying the default theme and doing a hex colour replacement exercise. You would also need to look in the images folder and replace some of the menu backgrounds to match your colours.

Otherwise, I noticed a colour replacement feature in the current Mahara 1.5 dev so if that gets into the final version, it would be a simple way to add your own colours (should you decide to move to 1.5).

Otherwise, you could contract the services of a Mahara partner to put a theme together for you.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

31 January 2012, 3:48

Hello Richard,

The configurable theme will be part of Mahara 1.5. We've already been using it successfully on MyPortfolio.school.nz The New Zealand Ministry of Education had provided the funding for developing this feature.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

01 February 2012, 12:02

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply.  I was able to change the mahara green color (in the default theme) to the blue I wanted.  But I'm having trouble replacing the Mahara logo at the top with my organization's logo.  Any tips? 

Thanks,
Tom

Paul Taylor's profile picture

01 February 2012, 13:41

Hi Tom:

Depends on the theme you are using, but usually you can change the site-logo.png for your own.  I think you need to match the dimensions as it is in a box, as long as it is 75px high.  In most cases it is in the static/images folder.

Paul

here's my main one for work:

http://cpd.remote-learner.net

Account deleted

01 February 2012, 13:42

Hi Tom,

that one's easy - you should find a  htdocs/theme/yourtheme/static/images folder, in there is site-logo.png simply replace this with your own organization's logo.

Tip: make sure your logo is the same dimensions as site-logo.png otherwise you will have to play with the CSS to fix the layout.

A lot this is explained in this guide on Mahara 1.2 theming. There's probably something a little more recent out there too for theming.

17 results