Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Images in forum posts and blog posts

Aaron Wells's profile picture

09 April 2014, 11:54

Jono (who did all the accessibility work for 1.9) put together a patch to upgrade TinyMCE to 4.x. We held it off from 1.9 because there wasn't time to test it, but I would like to get it into 1.10. I'll see if I can expedite that.

Cheers,

Aaron

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 April 2014, 2:56

OK, thanks.

I pulled that patch and got the image browser working as a tinymce plugin. See video below.

Regarding permissions, it would be good to have a universal solution if possible, as I would like to make the image browser available for all instances of the tinymce editor.
Perhaps this should be kept separate from the attachments functionality, as I think that depends on having an artefact as a parent?

Perhaps a single new table with the image id, parent type and parent id? Does that sound reasonable?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

08 June 2014, 19:56

Hello Mike,

This looks good! How do you though embed images from outside of Mahara? Is that the secon image icon in your menubar?

Cheers

Kristina

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

09 June 2014, 19:39

Hi Kristina,

Yes, for the moment I have left in the existing 'add external image' option too. I will make a new icon for 'add mahara image'.

The two could be merged, but it would mean tweaking the existing File Browser code in Mahara a bit.

I've been working on this on and off and it's just about finished now.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

10 June 2014, 16:54

I look forward to it!

Also, that TinyMCE 4 upgrade that I mentioned earlier, has passed review and been merged in for Mahara 1.10.

Cheers,

Aaron

15 results