Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
secret URLs

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

28 January 2014, 2:35

I don't seem to be able to create a secret URL.  It says that new users can't create them.

Do you know when (if) I stop being a "new user"?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

28 January 2014, 11:29

Hi Janet,

That's an anti-spam measure we put in place on mahara.org a few months ago. Newly registered users start out "on probation" and can't post links on the forum or make portfolio pages visible to logged-out users. You get out of probation automatically once a certain number of non-probationary users respond to your forum posts.

But I get the impression you are not a spammer, so I will go ahead and take you out of probation now.. Wink

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

28 January 2014, 12:20

Hi Aaron,
Thanks for that!  I'm definitely not a spammer!
Account deleted

06 August 2014, 1:20

Hey guys, any chance someone else could reply to this 'non-spammer'?

06 August 2014, 2:20

Hello Renee

I have flagged your profile, and then your not anymore in probation.

Regards

dajan
Account deleted

08 October 2014, 21:25

Is it possible to get my Secret URLs activated? I'm new on mahara stand alone but I've been using it through my uni for ages, I've just set up my e-port and would love to get it going for employers now I'm done with uni! Thanks

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 October 2014, 7:31

Hello Portia,

I took the spam probation off your profile.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

27 October 2014, 11:15

I've only been using mahara for a couple of days because I have to do a uni assignment on it and need to provide a secret url for my assignment to be marked. Is it possible for me to be taken off the probation?
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

02 November 2014, 16:27

Hello Rachel,

I took you off spam probation and you should be able to include links in your portfolio.

Please note though that Mahara.org is the hub for Mahara community discussion and not individual portfolio creation. That's why we limit storage to 5 MB. There are a number of sites that allow you to create your Mahara portfolio (for free) with heaps more space. Your university can also set up its own Mahara instance for all students to use. That way, they can customize it with a theme, additional plugins etc.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

19 November 2014, 11:06

Hi I'm trying to share some portfolio work via a secret url with employers and wondered if I could get the probation period lifted. I use Mahara as a Lecturer in my College work place but have started to develop extra work, hence I've created a personal account and have come up against this restriction of not being able to use this feature.

Could your help me with this

Thank you

Claire

15 results