Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
How to share a note between two pages

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 December 2013, 8:58

I created a page with text boxes.  I can see those text boxes when I look at content->notes I can see the text box.

I can see in the manual that it talks about sharing text boxes between two portfolio pages.  But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it.  Once I had some vague memory of seeing a button to allow this, when I copied one page to another page, but I was never able to repeat it.

Also, why can't notes be added through the notes page?  And why is it that I have a note that it says it associated with a page, but when I look at the page, I can't see the note?

Thanks,

Melissa

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

03 December 2013, 13:06

If a person can't jump to a page ... jump to a starting letter ... search for a note ... or look at sub-category of the notes (tags), what is the point of editing notes through the notes page.  After 1 or 2 pages of notes, the interface is not easy to work with.  Plus, even after a note is deleted from all portfolio pages, it still exists in the note section.  But yet, a note cannot be originated from the note section.

It does not seem like a well thought out part of mahara, or maybe I just don't truly understanded its intended purpose.

I thought is might have been nice to be able to use as system wide glossary, but without search, it won't work for that purpose.

Melissa

Aaron Wells's profile picture

03 December 2013, 14:19

Yeah, notes are a little half-baked at the moment. We're lacking in the ability to create notes via the Content->Notes page, which logically should be possible. And like many things in Mahara, it becomes difficult to manage once you've got a large number of notes.

I've also suggested that we should add the ability to add a Text block which is not linked to a Note: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1152441

Cheers,

Aaron

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 December 2013, 17:55

Hello Melissa,

When you want to re-use a text box from one page in another, you add the text box block to your second page and below the editor window, click on the link that reads "Use content from another text box" (#3 in the screenshot at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.8/blocks/general.html#text-box ).

Cheers

Kristina

4 results