Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Mahara site unavailable error

Sakshi Goel's profile picture

07 November 2013, 20:09

Hi friends,

I am using Mahara 1.8.

On Content > files page i am getting error Mahara: site unavailable . A non-recoverable error occured. This probably means you have encountered a bug in the system. I have not done anything only installed a fresh one.

Can someone please suggest me the solution to rectify this.

08 November 2013, 6:52

Hello Goel,

Is it a new install or an upgrade? if the latter, from which version?

-dajan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 November 2013, 9:08

Hello Sakshi,

Can you please check your error log and send the erros that you can see in there? Please remove any information about your server though, e.g. by removing your server name etc. We can't really say what's going on with just from you see on the front page.

Cheers

Kristina

Aaron Wells's profile picture

11 November 2013, 13:51

To expand on what Kristina said, you should see some errors in your PHP error log. The exact location of the PHP error log will depend on your operating system and its configuration. By default in Ubuntu Linux, PHP errors get sent to the Apache error log under /var/log/apache2/error.log

You could also turn on the display of errors to your web browser. The easiest way to do that is to add this line to your config.php file. (This will also cause a red warning message to appear on the top of your site, so you may not wish to do this on a production site):

$cfg->productionmode = false;

Cheers,

Aaron

Sakshi Goel's profile picture

03 December 2013, 23:04

Hi

Sorry for replying too late.

The place where there are file options it shows error like this.

I dont know how to check server logs in mahara. Can you please tell me some easy method to do so.

5 results