Forums | Mahara Themes

General discussion /
Modify the mainnav box

Marius Jugariu's profile picture

18 October 2013, 4:09

Hello again,

I've been looking for a while using the "inspect element" and Firebug trying to find out in which file I can modify this bar that shows up at the top left side whenever you display any portfolio pages or your Mahara profile. I'd like to slightly modify the links and text there.

When I inspect that it comes up with the code below but I can't find anywhere to modify the 'mainnav'. Any suggestions please?

<div id="containerX">
  <div id="loading-box"></div>
  <div id="top-wrapper">
    <div class="viewheadertop">
       <div class="fr links">
       <div class="fl">
       <div id="mainnav-container" class="nav">
            <div id="mainnav">

Thanks,

Marius

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

21 October 2013, 15:40

Hello Marius,

When you type

grep -r 'mainnav' htdocs/

in a terminal when you are in your Mahara directory, you'll get all the occurances in the files. From the looks of it, you have small headers turned on. You then might want to check the template file /htdocs/theme/raw/templates/viewmicroheader.tpl That's where the navigation itself sits. However, not the menu navigation items.

You can find those in /htdocs/lib/web.php. Look for the line that starts with "* Returns the entries in the standard user menu" (in 1.8 it's around line 2310) and you'll see the menu items for the regular user menu.

Note: If you make changes here, that'll also affect the normal navigation of the site and not just the small header one.

Cheers

Kristina

Marius Jugariu's profile picture

21 October 2013, 21:13

Many thanks Kristina, that makes more sense.

3 results