Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Page skins competition

17 November 2014, 1:09

Hello

Just download the file from the wiki page and install it from the admin page under the menu Skins

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

28 October 2013, 20:54

Hello again,

The Mahara page skins competition voting attracted 50 votes altogether, and our winners have been determined by those who voted over the last few days.The competition was a very close one. We are happy to announce the three winners:

The first prize, a T-shirt of his choice, goes to Wullie Mair for his skin "Student workspaces".

Dirk Meyer ("Coffee beans (default theme)") and Gordon McLeod ("Fangorn") both came in second and receive a Mahara mug of their choice each.

The winners will upload their skins in the next few days to the wiki so you can start using these winning designs in your own Mahara 1.8 instance.

Check out the results for yourself.

Congratulations!

Kristina

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

29 October 2013, 2:44

Hi Kristina,

Thanks everyone for the encouragement for trying out the new feature.

Just wanted to check how we upload the skin xml to the wiki as it only seems to allow image files as attachments.

Regards, Gordon.

Wullie's profile picture

29 October 2013, 2:58

I thought about linking to my original page and then attaching the xml to that page for people to review, then download if they want to.

29 October 2013, 21:42

Hello Wullie,

Just some precaution: the dev server is a development server and thus content is not guaranteed to stay there. We can erase everything without letting anyone know. I'll see what we can come up with.

Cheers

Kristina

29 October 2013, 21:41

Hello Gordon,

Good question. XML is probably not allowed due to security. I'll talk with Aaron to see whether we are going to allow it or whether it would be best to place the skins elsewhere.

Sorry that I hadn't checked that before. You could go with Wullie's suggestion though to put it on a different Mahara site. I would not link it to the master.dev site though because that is a development server and content can be removed at any time.

Cheers

Kristina

Gordon McLeod's profile picture

29 October 2013, 23:42

Hi,

I've created a public page on Mahara.org and added my skins as zip files (hopefully getting around xml restrictions)  https://mahara.org/user/gordonmc/my-shared-mahara-skins
I'll update the wiki next so we've got a single place to see everyone's work.

Thanks, Gordon.

Aaron Wells's profile picture

31 October 2013, 15:24

Hi all,

We're working on updating the wiki to allow the attachment of other file types. We should have that set up pretty soon.

Cheers,

Aaron

Wullie's profile picture

01 November 2013, 1:57

Gordon,

When I visit your pages, I get an access denied for your zip file artefact?

Thanks

Wullie's profile picture

02 November 2013, 3:47

I've added mine in with just links to individual pages that I've created for each theme with just a zip file to download.