Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
modifying the unread-message count

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

06 November 2013, 9:40

Hello Tobias,

Aaron is reviewing your work and will also take a look at the discussion you had with Angela about her implementation so we can find the best way for core. He'll get back to you with comments in the review system.

Cheers

Kristina

Tobias Zeuch's profile picture

15 November 2013, 0:01

Hi Kristina,

thanks for the info. one question about gerrit: Is there a way to get email notifications when a comment is made for my change? I tried to set up a watch for the first patch set, filtering the mahara-project by the filter message: 1041228 (the bugtrace-number), but that didn't trigger any email. 

Aaron Wells's profile picture

15 November 2013, 12:03

Hi Tobias,

Are you talking about using the "Watched Projects" page? I don't think you need to do that, unless you want to receive updates about all the patches in the project. If you just want to get updates about your own patch, you should be receiving those as long as you're listed in the "Reviewers" table for that patch. (You won't receive an email when you yourself update or comment on a patch, though.)

If you want to test, I'd be glad to comment on a patch for you. Or you could create a second user account in gerrit and test with that.

Cheers,

Aaron

15 November 2013, 22:11

Hi Aaron,

ok, I confirmed that I am listed as a reviewer in both my open projects. Kristina wrote that you would review my changes on the user-message-plugin to multiple recipients, so I just wait for your comments. Should I add you as a reviewer to the patch? 

17 November 2013, 17:40

Hello Tobias,

You should have received already a bunch of emails for https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/2491/ as both Bob and I had already commented on it. Maybe the mails are stuck in your spam folder?

You can add individual people to your patch whom you want to review it. However, we tend to go through the list of open patches and catch ones that require a review. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

20 November 2013, 19:57

Hello Kristina,

you're right, my fault. I did recieve 3 mails which went to the spam-folder - from which I seem to have more than one... 

About the review, I guess I just wait until you assign a reviewer to the patch, no need to mess up your work flow. 

Cheers

Tobias

06 December 2013, 18:02

Hello Tobias,

It was great that you joined the Mahara developer meeting yesterday! We'll definitely look at your patch soon because we do want to give you feedback so you still have time to update your feature until the feature freeze sets in.

Cheers

Kristina

07 December 2013, 2:30

Hello Kristina,

thanks for the info. Joining the developer meeting was an interesting experience, also for getting an idea about how development works in the mahara community. I'll wait for your comments and I agree with what you said about the plugins that Angela provided. The full branch view of messages for example is quite helpful. 

Cheers

Tobias

18 results