Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Adding profile progress bar in mahara

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

30 August 2013, 0:26

Hi,

I want to add progress bar for user's profile which will help user to track the completness of profie. Currently I SSO from moodle and view the profile of user in mahara. is it possible to do this? If so can you kindly tell me how?

Regards,

Ayesha

Aaron Wells's profile picture

30 August 2013, 12:15

Hi Ayesha,

That sounds like a great idea. It would be non-trivial to implement, but not too too hard. All the user's Mahara Profile elements are stored as Artefacts, you'd just need to check how many of them are filled in. This would probably work best as a Block Plugin, placed by default on the user's Dashboard page.

Unfortunately Mahara's developer documentation is a little sparse at the moment. What does exist is up on http://wiki.mahara.org . I'm working on rewriting the developer docs, and the pages I've completed so far (which I'd recommend checking out, especially the ones listed under "Hello World") are here: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/User:Aaronw

To some extent you'll have to use the code itself as a guide of what to do. Feel free to ask for help here on the forums or on the #mahara-dev IRC channel on irc.freenode.net. Smile

Cheers,

Aaron

Account deleted

30 August 2013, 19:39

I have integrated moodle and mahara lastest version i want to know when a user create account in moodle and sso establish.when user visits mahara for profile a profile completion bar should be visible for profile completion status.is it possible?

Any help will be highly appriciated.

Thanks

Ayesha

02 September 2013, 12:31

Yep, definitely possible. See my previous comment for some suggestions on how you might do it.

Cheers,

Aaron

Gregor Anželj's profile picture

02 September 2013, 16:29

Ayesha hi.

I had the same idea (to implement profile completeness progress bar) about a mont ago. Due to lack of time and some other projects I've postponed that idea.

If you would like to code this, please let me know. Otherwise I might try to code this...

HTH, Gregor

Account deleted

05 September 2013, 20:37

I want to add feature of advance search so i can search people by qualifcation,institutions,experience etc.Is it possibe?

Ayesha

10 September 2013, 10:40

Hm, that might be trickier. There is a "Search" plugin type, which is meant to allow you to swap in other implementations for searching throughout the site. In 1.7, Mahara only ships with one Search plugin, "internal", and so the plugin API has gotten a little rusty. Search plugins live under the htdocs/search directory, and inherit from the PluginSearch class.

Of course, you wouldn't just be able to alter that, you'll also need to change the admin user search page (htdocs/admin/users/search.php) to add additional fields for searching, which would then be passed to your plugin's "search_user" function via the $data parameter.

I think that would probably do it.

Cheers,

Aaron

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 September 2013, 8:48

Hello Ayesha,

Mahara 1.8 will come with fulltext search support (for the time being PostgreSQL databases only and you'd need a Tomcat server for Elasticsearch).

Cheers

Kristina

8 results