Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
uploads images

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

19 August 2013, 14:08

hie every one

i have installed mahara 172, with postgres database and i have the following problem:

when i upload an image file to the public directory to use this image in the public web page of my installation. The image upload cant be using and if click on the image, the web browser only look with many simbols.The upload is making as admin user

If i uploads with other type of user, no problem with the uploads

in advance thanks a lot

Alain Hermosilla 

Chile

Aaron Wells's profile picture

19 August 2013, 15:30

Hi Alain,

So all users can upload files, and put them into Pages, except for files uploaded by the admin user?

That is not a problem I have seen before. Frown The one thing I can say, is that an image which displays a bunch of weird text symbols rather than an image, is because the web server is failing to send the proper mime-type header, and so the browser is viewing the image as text rather than an image. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of anyone having that problem only for the admin user, either. When it does happen, it's usually because PHP is printing some warning or error messages as part of the file data before it gets to the header. But if that were happening here, you would see those messages at the top of the page of weird symbols.

Do you see any warning messages in your PHP error log? (If you're using Ubuntu Linux with default settings, this will be rolled into the Apache error log: /var/log/apache2/error.log )

Cheers,

Aaron

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

20 August 2013, 8:39

Hello Alain,

Can you please provide the image that you are trying to upload (please don't rename it) and / or screenshots of what it looks like on your environment?

Did you try to upload the same image as a regular user?

Cheers

Kristina

3 results