Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
softaculous install of 1.7

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

15 August 2013, 2:14

Hi Pretty green to this but have just used softaculous to instal Mahara.

The default installation folder was Mahara which means i now have to enter myhost/Mahara otherwise just get a white screen with cgi and Mahara link.

I have ftp access to my site and would like to reinstal on the root. it is a brand new installation so can I just delete the folders i.e www root Mahara and maharadata which is on the absolute root of the server. Sorry guys but total newbie to this.

Thanks

Aaron Wells's profile picture

15 August 2013, 18:06

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Mahara! Smile

If you're new to web applications generally, then you might get quicker responses asking for help on a general web application forum, since the problems you're going to need to solve are unlikely to be specific to Mahara. Mahara's really a pretty standard PHP web application.

There are some installation instructions up here on the wiki, which may be of use: https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/System_Administrator%27s_Guide/Installing_Mahara

Your plan sounds like it should work. The only things to note when you change the directory Mahara is in:

1. Add or change the $cfg->wwwroot value in your config.php file to the new URL ( $cfg->wwwroot = 'http://www.example.com'; ); otherwise Mahara may continue to generate internal page links as if it were at the old location.

2. Make sure your $cfg->dataroot directory (in your case this is "maharadata") is outside the web root; i.e. not directly accessible via a web browser.

Cheers,

Aaron

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 August 2013, 17:31

Hi Michael,

For questions around installing Mahara via softaculous, please ask your questions in the softaculous support because this package is not maintained by the Mahara core team. They may have made customizations that are normally not necessary in a standard installation in order to work with softaculous.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results