Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
From local install to global

30 May 2013, 0:34

Dirk and Wuille,

From my experience I think it is useful to have a look to all the features config.php offers. But they are not all in config.php and you have to copy-paste them from /yourpathtoyourmahara/lib/lib/onfig-defaults.php,

Be careful and don't enable or disable features from that file but copy-paste the variable you want to modify into your config.php file.

Happy discoveries

-dajan

Aaron Wells's profile picture

30 May 2013, 11:32

Good to know! Laughing

I do see that lib/config-defaults.php also contains a reference to a config option, $cfg->themeprefs, which has since been removed from core. I'll delete that in the next release, and I've opened up a ticket to clean up config-defaults.php and make sure it's up to date: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/1185297

Dirk Meyer's profile picture

30 May 2013, 14:23

Hi Aaron,

promoting "$cfg->sitethemeprefs = true;" into config-dist.php is a great idea. Could there also be a reference to /lib/config-defaults.php perhaps ?

I will collect more data on the popularity of this feature and report in the future. My experience is that users of all ages like to change the look and feel of the site and of course of the pages they make.

Is there perhaps a $CFG and get_config() for configurable institution themes for regular users?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 June 2013, 16:35

Hi Aaron,

While working on this option, there as a bit back and forth until the final themepref option was decided on. It seems like that the config_distr file was not updated accordingly at the time. :-(

Cheers

Kristina

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 June 2013, 16:40

Hi Dirk,

While normally config values aren't listed in the user manual, a new feature is and thus, the config value does make it into the user manual esp. when the user benefits from a setting.

We highlight new features in each Mahara version in the manual with a little Maharabot icon and the version number so they can be spotted more easily. They are also all listed in the index under "New in Mahara 1.x".

Hope that helps you to find new features in future versions more easily. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

Wullie's profile picture

30 May 2013, 20:12

Thanks Aaron,

That's a nice little hidden gem.

A post by Account deleted was deleted

A post by Account deleted was deleted

18 results