Forums | Mahara Community

Mahara/Moodle integration /
Direct login with Mahoodle account

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

14 May 2013, 16:27

I'm new to Mahara and cannot find this information: I have a Mahoodle integration but want students to be able to log in directly as well as through Moodle. How do I set this up?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

A post by Account deleted was deleted

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

15 May 2013, 16:21

Hello Tom,

That is possible if you also set up LDAP for example and make LDAP the parent authority of MNet in the Mahara institution (otherwise a second account would be created).

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

17 May 2013, 0:54

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for your reply. When I look at the list of authentication plugins it says "LDAP - Please install the PHP LDAP extension". I copied the LDAP_enrol.php file that I found on the Mahara extensions site into the /auth folder but it didn't work. So how do I install that?

Regards,

Tom

17 May 2013, 10:49

Hello Tom,

The plugins don't have anything to do with that. ;-) You will need to install the LDAP extension for PHP on your server.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

23 October 2013, 21:47

Rather than post a new thread I thought i would add my query to this.

I would also like users to log in to Mahara direct but we don't use LDAP; all Moodle enrolments are manually created. Is there a way for these users to be able to log-in direct to Mahara?

Aaron Wells's profile picture

25 October 2013, 13:09

Hi Roger,

Sure, any type of authentication instance can be the parent authority to an MNet instance. If your accounts are manually created in Mahara that means you're using the "internal" authentication plugin. So, you just have to set up your Mnet auth intance so that it has "internal" as its parent authority. (See the part about "Parent Authority" here: http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/administration/institutions.html#mnet )

Cheers,

Aaron

25 October 2013, 19:29

Hi Roger,

Before changing all users over though, please test it with one account first. The internal auth method differs to other external ones in that it doesn't require a remote username. However, MNet needs that. I haven't had time to test whether internal would work as parent for MNet.

The best would be if you follow the instructions at http://manual.mahara.org/en/1.7/administration/users.html#change-the-authentication-method-and-remote-username-in-bulk to ensure you change the auth method and make sure that the remote username is still present in the database table.

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

9 results