Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Portfolio Search

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

19 February 2013, 23:23

I was looking forward to using the Portfolio Search after we upgraded to 1.6 but I'm getting an error message, which reads:

A nonrecoverable error occurred. This probably means you have encountered a bug int he system.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marion

Aaron Wells's profile picture

20 February 2013, 9:37

Hi Marion,

Is there an error message in your Apache log? That should show us the underlying PHP error, which will help to figure out what's going on.

Cheers,

Aaron

20 February 2013, 22:38

Hi Aaron

We're a hosted site so I don't think I have access to the Apache logs.  On reflection, our host has reported this already

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/547776

I should be patient

Thanks

Marion

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

21 February 2013, 11:15

Hi Marion,

I wonder if this is related to the error you get in the the participation report you reported in the other thread. The participation report uses some of the same logic as the search does for getting the list of pages.

The error there seems to be caused by something going wrong with one of the pages being chosen for the search, so let's figure out what's going on with that page.

Thanks,
Melissa.

21 February 2013, 22:22

Thanks for looking at this, Melissa.  Needless to say, these two features are ones which our users have been requesting :)

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

03 March 2013, 11:31

Hello Marion,

With "Portfolio search" do you mean the one on the "Shared pages" tab in "Groups" or do you refer to the search that you can turn on in the site configuration under "General settings"?

Cheers

Kristina

04 March 2013, 23:12

Hi Kristina

It's the one that's turned on under Site Settings-General Settings-Enable Portfolio Search.  Then an additional search bar appears on the right column "Search my Portfolio".

Regards

Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 March 2013, 13:25

Hello Marion,

I'm afraid that this "Search my Portfolio" has been rather defunct since an earlier version for most users. We have started work on the new fulltext search.

I'll add a note to the manual saying that this current search may not work.

Cheers

Kristina

8 results