Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
mahara plugin for iphone

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 April 2011, 10:25

hello everybody

i downloaded the iphone app for mahara 

i downloaded the plugin from brightcookies for mahara but i don't know in which subdirectory i havote to put it ? 

Thanks by advance

benoit

Account deleted

18 April 2011, 20:05

Hi Benoit,

There is a readme.txt in the plugin zip file. You can follow its intruction.

Cheers,

Kien

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 April 2011, 16:59

Hello Kien,

Do you happen to have a demo Mahara site where it is possible to try your app as it requires a plugin?

Thanks

Kristina

Account deleted

19 April 2011, 21:43

Hi Kristina,

You can use this site as a demo site:

http://mahara.brightcookie.com/

Cheers,

Kien

24 April 2011, 22:28

Hello Kien,

Thank you for making an iPhone / Android / Nokia for Mahara. Here's a brief test report I wrote for a Mahara community in NZ because I have a couple of questions for you and would like to know what you think.

----

The installation of the app from the iTunes App Store was straight forward and all I needed to do was put in the URL to the Mahara site and my username and password.

You can only upload photos and that has to be done via the app. You can either take a photo or choose one from the photo library. Once you click the photo, it is uploaded. In contrast to MaharaDroid, you cannot change the name of the file or add a description or tags or choose the upload folder.

When I viewed my photo on the demo site, I was surprised to see that it was uploaded as png and not as jpg. I'll ask in the Mahara forum why that is the case.

All in all, it's an app that is very easy to use. It would be great if it had the additional features of MaharaDroid like uploading files other than images, choosing of upload folder, file name, tags and integrating into the regular share screen (though that may be an iPhone issue and not something the app could change). I couldn't test the Android app and see how the sharing is done there because my phone decided to give up on me again.

---

Now my questions as you may have guessed from the text Wink

Do you have plans to extend your iPhone app to include other features, e.g. those mentioned above or others?

Why is the photo transferred as png and not jpg, the standard file format for photos?

Thank you

Kristina

Account deleted

29 April 2011, 0:05

Hi Kristina,

Yes, we are planning to extent its features such as changing file name, tag, description...We are also planning to make it runs on both Mahara 1.3.x and 1.4.x ...

For the png/jpg extension, It was a bug when we tried to intergrate PortfolioUp with Nokia Share Online. But this will not cause any issue.  We will fix this  on next version and make it to take the original extension of the images.

Cheers,

Kien

02 May 2011, 0:36

Hello Kien,

Thank you very much for the information on your app. We (Catalyst IT) is looking into developing an API that will make it easier to develop apps for different platforms. Would you be interested in that or do you already have an API in place that we could have a look at?

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

05 May 2011, 14:31

I have put the .php file into the artefact directory, but nothing is showing up in the Admin/Extensions page.  Should there be? 

When I try to use the iPhone app, it says it was unable to login.  Our site uses LDAP authentication.  Anyone know if this would cause a problem?

Account deleted

05 May 2011, 14:50

Also, I was just looking at the master.dev site, and noticed in the Settings Panel, an option to include a "Mobile token".  Does anyone have any information about what this feature is for?  Will mobility be a built in feature of 1.4?

05 May 2011, 15:35

Hello Tim,

Nice to see you again. Smile The Mobile Token that you mention refers to MaharaDroid. You can find more info in http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2415 (my post from May 2, 2011 links to the latest demo).

And yes, support for MaharaDroid is built-in in Mahara 1.4.

Cheers

Kristina

13 results