Forums | Mahara Community

Mobile Mahara /
MaharaDroid is out

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

23 October 2010, 2:51

Hello,

On 21 October 2010, Alan McNatty released MaharaDroid, the first open source Android application for Mahara. The first Android (though I have no idea about the license) was from foliofor.me.

You can watch a demo of this first release on YouTube.

MaharaDroid works with any Mahara installation. Currently, you will need the developer version of Mahara 1.4. If you register for an account on master.dev.mahara.org, you can trial the integration for yourself. Please be aware that this is just a testing installation that can change at any time and things can be broken in there as it is in constant development. Do not use it for live portfolio work.

We invite all developers to trial the app, give us feedback, report bugs, and suggest new features. The bug reports and new feature suggestions are best entered on the app's issue page, but discussions can take place here.

Cheers

Kristina
for the Wellington Mahara dev team

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

25 October 2010, 18:41

Thanks Kristina,

I just pushed MaharaDroid 1.3 which includes support for setting tags and description. 1.3 also fixes a couple of the usability issues you mentioned in the video.

Cheers,

Alan

Account deleted

28 October 2010, 2:04

*UPDATE*

I just pushed MaharaDroid 1.4 which includes / fixes support for sharing 'any' file. As MaharaDroid borrows heavily from Flickr Free it worked for images by default. You should now be able to share any file.

Cheers,

Alan

Sigi's profile picture

25 October 2010, 18:49

Hi Kristina,

yippieh ... it works! Thanks to your great video tutorial I manged to get the app running and successfully uploaded a pony for penny ;-)... now I can't wait for Mahara 1.4 ;-)

Thanks for your great job!

Cheers

Sigi

A post by Account deleted was deleted

02 May 2011, 6:42

Hello,

Alan wrote to me on Friday that MaharaDroid 1.7b3 was ready for testing. This version allows you to save artifacts for later upload. Here's a brief screencast showcasing this new version.

Yeah for Alan!

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

01 November 2011, 5:17

Been trying to get Maharadroid to work here at University of Kent. Everything looks great but  I get a 'Auth token cannot be blank ' message. Any ideas?

01 November 2011, 14:43

Hello Leo,

Did you put the same token in MaharaDroid and your settings in Mahara? You'd only have to do that once because after each upload the token is changed automatically on both ends.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

02 November 2011, 6:19

Yes I did. Just to be sure I have just reset the token both in Mahara and in Mahardroid but still get the message 'Auth token cannot be blank'. Frown I am just using plain text word chosen at random - I presume that is OK?

02 November 2011, 13:25

Hello Leo,

That should be fine as you don't do anything different than what I describe in the video. Did you make sure that you have the correct URI provided?

Cheers

Kristina

14 results