Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Adding links to Resume Builder

Sam Taylor's profile picture

11 October 2010, 7:36

Hi all - quick question:

In the resume builder there are spaces available to write a description about the user's education, employment, achievement etc. What would be good is for these boxes to be able to house links e.g. - to an artefact in the My Files area (digitised Certificate), link to their book details (e.g. for sale on Amazon), a photo of them receiving an award. Just having a simple WYSIWYG editor could be enough?

Has anyone else requested something similar? Do you think it could work? Is it needed? Even if there was the function to link to a 'View' with the evidence in?

Sam

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

11 October 2010, 14:39

Hi Sam,

We have discussed revamping the resumé builder somewhat and adding a WYSIWYG editor to it was one thing that I also wanted to have there (desparately). We also thought of making it possible to add file attachments (that might have been requested by somebody in the forums as well, but I can't remember).

Your idea can be taken further: Have a view selector where you can choose the views to be displayed easily without having to hunt down their URL. That feature could also be useful in other parts of Mahara where you might want to link to a view but not make it part of a collection navigation.

I opened a wishlist item at https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/658664 to keep track of it more easily. If others are interested in such a feature, please add yourself to "This bug affects me" (though it is not a bug, but Launchpad only works with bugs and the status can be changed to wishlist) and add your comments if you have any.

Cheers

Kristina

A post by Account deleted was deleted

3 results