Forums | Mahara Community

Pedagogy /
Locking views - should we lock artefacts

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

17 September 2010, 10:15

It struck me the other day that although submitting a view for assessment locks it to some extent, included content is not locked.

By that I mean, once submitted, you cannot change arrangement of content, and the contents of some artefacts - e.g. HTML or text boxes, images, etc; but you can change the contents of a blog, a folder, resume artefacts, contact information, a navigation (collection) and a plan - possibly others too. This has the effect that work can continue on a view once it has been submitted.

Is this something which should be addressed from a Pedagogical aspect?

Andrew

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

17 September 2010, 19:48

Hello Andrew,

As of Mahara 1.3, blog posts and files are now locked when a view is submitted. However, profile information and others you have mentioned are not. I think it would be good to also lock those in place as they are artefacts as well.

Cheers

Kristina

Account deleted

21 September 2010, 2:49

Thought that'd be the case. I've submitted this as a Wishlist (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/644169)

Andrew

Sam Taylor's profile picture

11 October 2010, 5:44

What we are considering here at Solent is to advise that our lecturers ask their students to submit an export of their view/collection and upload it via moodle (file upload function).

Sam Laughing

Account deleted

21 February 2011, 5:26

Hi,
I've just realized that when a student submitted one view this one keeps blocked even when this student decide change this view to an other (If we allow resubmitting that is possible). Is that a bug?

There is a second point, maybe will be interesting create a kind of "advanced uploading files" for views because it will allow teachers to compare views and  realize and show the improvement of our students. Students can copy their views, improve them and submit it when this new views are ready.

In my opinion keep old views make sense in order to help students realize their own improvement. How do you manage it?

21 February 2011, 11:48

I've just realized that when a student submitted one view this one keeps blocked even when this student decide change this view to an other (If we allow resubmitting that is possible). Is that a bug?

Yes I had the same issue. It may be a bug or a feature that was not supported in this plug-in version. I then always not allow students to submit different versions of their work.

Account deleted

18 February 2011, 15:54

I deleted my original question here. Please ignore.

7 results