The Mahara Partner Programme exists to meet the needs of Mahara support companies and other organisations who contribute actively to the Mahara project.
When you partner with Catalyst, you are kept apprised of the latest work being undertaken on Mahara and have the opportunity to help shape the future direction of the project.
The Mahara Partner Programme consists of two tracks to make it simple to participate for all types of organisations.
Partner programme tracks
The Mahara Partner Programme's two tracks are Mahara Business Partners and Mahara Supporters.
Mahara Business Partners are companies that offer Mahara support services, contribute features, bug fixes or translations to the Mahara codebase, or provide other services to the Mahara community.
Mahara Supporters are entities that do not offer commercial Mahara services, but contribute to the project substantially, for example by organising events, submitting code or engaging in other support services.
Mahara is backed by Catalyst
Catalyst’s open source specialists are the lead developers and maintainers of the Mahara project. Since the project’s launch in 2006, Catalyst has led development around the world, employing core Mahara contributors who are highly active in the community.
We can support your Mahara implementations and have the team with experience and expertise to help your organisation achieve its vision.
Benefits of becoming a Business Partner or Supporter
A a support company or non-commercial organisation, you benefit from being a Mahara Partner because you:
- Enable the Mahara Project to continue to enhance and maintain the open source software;
- Are recognised for contributing actively and substantially to the Mahara project by being listed on the Mahara community website as Mahara Business Partner or Mahara Supporter. This opens up the entire Mahara community to you because people can find you more easily, and you can expand your network;
- Receive a special partner logo for your website to indicate that you are a Mahara Business Partner or Mahara Supporter;
- Can participate in regular meetings with other partners shaping the future of Mahara;
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with Catalyst on new features for Mahara and provide feedback, instead of only receiving announcements via community forums;
- Receive advanced notice (approx. one week) when minor point releases of Mahara are expected, so you can plan your updates;
- Are invited to a preview of new features scheduled for each new release;
- Have the opportunity to be featured in the newsletter;
- Can request official Mahara merchandise design files from Catalyst for your own printing.
Review the Mahara Partner Programme Guide for more details.