Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
"Medical problems & conditions" Plugin / FATAL: XML file is not well formed!

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

08 December 2009, 18:18

Hi Ali,

That error looks like there are simply no casenotes yet when some of the code is expecting there to be some.  I've added some checking, so if you grab the code again that error will disappear.

For reference:
When you download the file from that link, it should be something in the form pc-<string of letters/numbers>.tar.gz, the revision is that string of letters/numbers.

Currently there is no way to submit a casenote for assessment.

Cheers,

Elliot

Account deleted

08 December 2009, 23:31

Hi Ali,

Actually I've found some time and begun implementing a casenote blocktype, so with any luck, within a few days, you'll be able to add a casenote to a view to submit it for assessment.

Cheers,

Elliot

Account deleted

09 December 2009, 5:35

Hi,

Elliot - again, great news about the block type - will be a good addition to the tool.

I've been wondering if the name of the tool should be made more generic. as basically what the plugin does, amongst other things, is to allow users to tag particular notes (and hopefully in time other items) against a pre-defined structure. Whilst we are using it to tag against elements of a medical core curriculum the same could be done for an Arts or Computing curriculum.

Would this be of use? 

Cheers

Mark 

Ali Hastie's profile picture

09 December 2009, 9:16

Hi

Thats excellent news on the assessment front.

Well I got the plug in to work but still one little problem, the send msessage won't work with IE7/8 but works with Firefox 3.5

There are no errors within the logs but has two errors on the IE page:

Invalid argument and object doesn't support this property or method.

File ID I downloaded: 70ecda3ade30dedf4927227c96dcedcb24c8fa5a

Many thanks for the help.

Ali

Account deleted

11 December 2009, 0:04

Hi Guys,

I have an initial blocktype working for casenotes.  You'll have to enable it under: Administer Site -> Administer Extensions.  Then when creating a view, a 'casenote' blocktype will appear under the 'General' category.

Cheers,

Elliot

Account deleted

11 December 2009, 0:25

Hi Ali,

I've also fixed the send message button now, so if you grab the latest code, it should be working now.

Cheers,

Elliot

Ali Hastie's profile picture

11 December 2009, 6:11

Hi Elliot

Thanks, thats us fully operational now including adding case notes to views. Now we can look at the possibility of submitting assessment case notes views to the Moodle/Mahara assignment, excellent!!

Thanks again,

Ali 

Julian Ridden's profile picture

19 September 2011, 19:46

Hi,

Just wondering if this code has been maintained any longer and if so, will it work in the current 1.4?

Been trying and having some issues. Also the old reposirtory links in this post are no longer valid so hoping to find an updated download source.

Julian

François Marier's profile picture

19 September 2011, 21:15

It was last updated about a year ago, but the latest code is here:

http://gitorious.org/mahara-contrib/artefact-pc

Cheers,

Francois

Account deleted

28 February 2015, 23:38

I have renamed the file sample_conditions.xml to conditions.xml and still get the following error.  

I am using Mahara 1.10 on XAMPP.  Please help.

Failed to install (check logs for xmldb errors)

Call stack (most recent first):

• install_from_xmldb_file("/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apps/mahara/htdocs/...")at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apps/mahara/htdocs/lib/upgrade.php:429
  • upgrade_plugin(object(stdClass)) at /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/apps/mahara/htdocs/admin/upgrade.json.php: