Forums | Mahara Community

Support /

Keith Morton's profile picture

29 May 2024, 14:04

Can anyone help with a link to 22.10.20. I have tried searching this forum but get a non recoverable error message.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 May 2024, 15:10

Hi Keith,

We are aware of the search issue and are in the process of resolving it. Please bear with us (and our firewalls).

Maintenance updates for Mahara 22.10 and onwards along with major version releases are available via a subscription.

Thank you

Kristina

30 May 2024, 8:08

Good Morning Kristina.

Just be clear are you saying I need subscription for 22.10.20?

I read somewhere here that subscription started with 23 series releases?

30 May 2024, 14:02

Hi Keith,

The subscriptions started in April 2023, affecting all versions of Mahara that were supported at that time.

Cheers

Kristina

30 May 2024, 16:13

Hi Kristina

I will need to roll back to the previous version in that case. We are not in a position for a subscription at this time. Can I export the DB and import in the earlier version?

I would make this observation though 22.10 was released as non subscription. That version has issues that are corrected with a upgrade in the same versioning sequence which you want a subscription for seems to me to be a problem. I get it from the next version 23 etc but I can't rationalise holding people to a subscription for bug fixes for a version released earlier under an open model. Maybe just me.

Would appreciate your advice.

04 June 2024, 10:54

Hi Keith,

I don't know what you want to achieve. You don't have access to a newer version of Mahara. Why would you need to export the database and import it into an earlier version of Mahara? Why not stay on the one you currently have? If you do need to export your database and import it into an earlier version that would only work seamlessly if the database version is the same as the code version. If there was a database update, you should use a backup of your database that doesn't already have that update.

Thank you for your feedback on the subscription.

Cheers

Kristina

04 June 2024, 11:29

Good Morning Kristina

The older version doesn't have the issues of this version that is to say I am having problems with this version that I didn't have with the previous version which is why I was looking for the update.

For example, group forum posts would not show up. Somehow that has corrected itself and is now working. The only change was that I added a moderator.

Thanks for the advice.  

I will do some testing when I have the chance.

7 results