Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
tags in blog posts

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

18 August 2009, 17:30

Hi

I've been adding tags to my individual blog posts.  How do I now search for blog posts with a particular tag.  Searching my portfolio doesn't bring any results.  Is there a setting I need to turn on?

Many thanks from a newbie :-)

Heather

Account deleted

18 August 2009, 18:22

Hi - using the 'Search My Portfolio' box should give you results - if not, that's probably a bug. As it happens, that search isn't particularly nice, so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't working properly Frown

We don't actually show tags in many places - we just store them. One day we'll start showing them in more places though Smile 

Account deleted

19 August 2009, 5:34

Hello,

"Search My Portfolio" didn't work in previous version of Mahara, but I think it is currently working in the latest stable (I have just made a query searching for a  particular tag and I got a list of results).

Regards

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

19 August 2009, 10:10

Hello,

Briefly last week, I also did get a couple of results for one tag, but then, for another tag, it did not show anything. Currently, there are no results again like in the old version. What can one use the search form for? Unfortunately, I do not get any results. Could it be left out until the function works?

Kristina

Account deleted

19 August 2009, 20:47

It's one feature that we have pretty much roundly ignored since it was written. But I think it is time we started looking into it again. We may replace that search with a purely tag based feature soon, and then look at re-doing search properly after that.

The tagging isn't too hard, as we already have the data in the right format, and it's just a case of displaying them everywhere and a bit of work to do a tag cloud/search page or two. The search is a lot harder, so we do it later Wink

5 results