Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Joining open groups not working after upgrade to 23.04.4

Christina Otto's profile picture

24 January 2024, 21:01

Hello everybody, 

we recently upgraded our Mahara site to 23.04.4 and also moved our test installation to a new server. Sadly it is not possible to join open groups that were created before the update. Newly created open groups can be joined without problem, though.

Did we found a bug or has that happened to anybody else who can tell us how to solve this problem? We would be very grateful for help!

Many thanks

Christina

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

26 January 2024, 15:34

Hi Christina,

This is not a bug I'm aware of. Our demo site has been upgraded for many years, and I can't replicate the issue there. Did you check your error log for any messages there?

Cheers

Kristina

26 January 2024, 20:02

Hi Kristina,

thanks for your reply. No, there isn't any message in the error log. As I found out, it happens not only to open groups, but also to closed groups, for which an request was sent by a new member or for which an invitation was sent out by an administrator. It is possible to confim the membership, but then nothing happens. If I refresh the page, I'm still not a member of the group.

Many thanks for your help

Christina 

• Bildschirm­foto 2024-01-26 um 07.53.03.png
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

30 January 2024, 8:44

Hi Christina,

I tried it again on the demo site with the latest German language pack and couldn't find a problem. Can you please go through the process again and have the browser's development console open and see if there are any errors displayed?

Also, do you get the same behaviour on your testing environment?

Cheers

Kristina

13 February 2024, 2:53

Hi Kristina,

I tried as you said, but there were no errors displayed either. We don't have a testing environment in the moment.

Kind regards
Christina

5 results