Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
install fresh new mahara multirecipientnotifications error

heba ibrahem's profile picture

11 December 2023, 20:25

Hello everyone,

I am installing Mahara in localhost  but it stops installation in the step of updating core and when trying to open another tab it shows this message

I also tried to empty database but again installation  stopped and this message appears 

Mahara: Site Unavailable

The module "multirecipientnotifications" needs to be installed and be active. If you are upgrading Mahara from a version older than 16.10.0, please upgrade to that point first and make sure the module is installed and active by visiting "Administration menu" → "Extensions" → "Plugin administration".

system info
localhost using wamp

PHP version: 7.4.33
MySQL Version:8.0.31
Apache Version:2.4.54.2 

anyone have idea why this is happening

Doris ⚡'s profile picture

12 December 2023, 11:13

Hi Heba,

This resource on installing Mahara in Wamp server may be of assistance. Note that it is not up-to-date as we do not provide Windows support.

What version of Mahara are you attempting to install?

Kind regards,

Doris

12 December 2023, 20:40

Hi Doris,
Thanks for your replay
I revised the installation steps from the link you mentioned it is all done and for the FAQs in it the second one is the same as my case but the solution didn't work with me
 I'm trying to install Mahara-22.10_STABLE 
wamp version 3.3.0

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

14 December 2023, 20:40

Hi Heba,

Have you tried installing the Mahara site without performing an upgrade? The Mahara project team can't help with WAMP as we only work with Linux computers and servers and thus don't know where the problem might be. We don't support Mahara on Windows servers, but maybe somebody else can assist you.

Cheers

Kristina

17 December 2023, 22:47

Hi Kristina,
thanks for your replay.
But how to install Mahara without performing an upgrade ?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 December 2023, 8:31

Hi Heba,

When you have an empty database, you'd install Mahara from scratch without going through an upgrade.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results