Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Problem releasing portfolios submitted to a group

Howard Miller's profile picture

22 September 2023, 2:46

Sorry for a vague report. I'm still investigating but I thought I'd ask if this sounded at all familiar...

When releasing a portfolio page that a studdent has submitted to a group back to the student...

Failed to get a recordset: mysqli error: [1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '? LIMIT 1' at line 1] in EXECUTE("SELECT * FROM "lti_assessment" WHERE "group" = ? LIMIT 1")Command was: SELECT * FROM "lti_assessment" WHERE "group" = ?

I have to then release it again and get a second message:

Just to be clear - no LTI or Moodle involved. Just submitting to a group.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 September 2023, 8:44

Hi Howard,

Can you please provide more information?

1. Do you have LTI set up and do some people use the assignment submission option?
  2. What result did you select in the group for the portfolio?
  3. I assume you use MySQL? Which version?
  4. What version of Mahara do you have?

Thank you

Kristina

22 September 2023, 19:42

1. Do you have LTI set up and do some people use the assignment submission option?   Yes
  2. What result did you select in the group for the portfolio? Sorry - I don't understand the question 
  3. I assume you use MySQL? Which version? 8.0
  4. What version of Mahara do you have? 22.10

I'll ask the person who reported this about question 2. I'm not a Mahara end user myself so most of this functionality is a mystery until it goes wrong.

Thanks, as ever, for your help.

22 September 2023, 20:01

The answer was...

"I chose pass, but it is the same regardless of which one I choose."

25 September 2023, 9:24

Hi Howard,

Thanks for the info and finding the 'Result' option. It's seen in the screenshot in the 'Submissions' section in the Mahara manual.

We'll see if we can replicate the issue in MySQL.

Thank you

Kristina

25 September 2023, 12:33

Hi Howard,

We could replicate the issue in Mahara 22.10.0 but not in the latest 22.10 code. Once you have access to it (I believe we are waiting on some info from your organisation to set things up), you can download the latest code.

Cheers

Kristina

25 September 2023, 21:05

That's great - thanks again for your help.

Robert Lyon's profile picture

09 October 2023, 10:27

When I was looking at this I did find a scenario where LTI module was not installed but submissions module was that also caused the SQL error problem, so I will tidy up that logic too.

8 results