Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
"Your institution or site administrator has disabled public pages and secret URLs. Any secret URLs you see listed here are currently inactive"

Howard Miller's profile picture

14 September 2023, 5:39

Apparently, since we switched to SAML users are seeing...

"Your institution or site administrator has disabled public pages and secret URLs. Any secret URLs you see listed here are currently inactive".

I cannot understand why. 

The site-wide settings are enabled to allow public URLs and secret URLs. They have been for ever.

The docs mention that Institutions can set this. However, under our institution settings there are *no* options for this sort of thing. 

Robert Lyon's profile picture

14 September 2023, 13:23

Hi Howard,

There should be a field in institution edit screen called "Public institution portfolios" - if it is not there you could also check the database:

SELECT name, allowinstitutionpublicviews FROM institution;

And set the allowinstitutionpublicviews to 1 for the institutions you want to have public access allowed

Cheers

Robert

14 September 2023, 17:29

I should have added that we use what started life as “no institution” but have renamed it. 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 September 2023, 9:25

Hi Howard,

The 'No institution' (shortname 'mahara') doesn't have a setting for the public URLs because it is the site level institution and thus takes what's in 'Configure site > Site options'. If you since then set up a 'proper' institution, you do see a separate setting in the institution settings screen.

Cheers

Kristina

22 September 2023, 19:36

Ok - so a possible bug, then. The only thing I did was...

- implement SAML
- change the name of "No institution" so that the annoying "login" button didn't say "Login to No Institution"

...and that seemed to be enough for "No institution" to start expecting this missing setting. 

5 results