Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Testing the export/import functionality of Mahara 1.2

anonymous profile picture
Account deleted

13 August 2009, 5:27

Hello,

I have installed Mahara 1.2 in Ubuntu 9.04 and I am testing its new functionality, which also include the import/export facility.

I have tried to import an IMS  Eportfolio 1v.1.0 zip as, my understanding is that Mahara is-or will be IMS compliant-, however, I get an error message saying that theleap2A.xml cannot be found.

I have been reading the documentation of the IMS Consortium and the LEAP 2.0 concept and LEAP2A specification, and my understanding is that they are different standars. Am I right?

If so, would Mahara also support the IMS Eportfolio Standard ?

Thank you very much for your advice.

Account deleted

13 August 2009, 18:46

Hi - the import/export support will not support the IMS ePortfolio spec as of Mahara 1.2.

We're supporting LEAP2A as we were able to get involved with developing the standard, and some funding opportunities arose - from the very supportive University of Glasgow (who previously funded View Templates), and also JISC/CETIS.

IMS is, unfortunately, a very complicated standard with seemingly few adopters. As a result, there's not much incentive to implement it, given our limited resources. But, if there became incentive then I'm sure we could look at implementing it - after all, the system is pluggable! Smile 

Account deleted

16 August 2009, 12:06

I have it clear now, Thank you, Nigel
Account deleted

09 April 2012, 8:54

Has anything changed since this was posted? Will the current version of Mahara allow imports that are IMS compliant?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

10 April 2012, 0:47

Hello Rod,

Mahara does not import IMS packages. It still uses Leap2A for the export and import of portfolios. Leap2A is also used by Moodle for sending portfolio content to Mahara, for example.

Cheers

Kristina

5 results