Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Access denied to files attached to a portfolio for marking

Edward Bolton's profile picture

06 July 2023, 3:33

Hi Community,

I am having issue with portfolios submitted to a Moodle assignment where some of the files attached to that portfolio are presenting an "access denied" error.  This problem is intermittent, the same Moodle assignment will allow the tutor to access the files of one students but not another.  I assume it is a permissions issue but i have no idea how to investigate.  

student process 

1. student copies a portfolio template to their own collection
  2. student uploads evidence to the template (normally word documents between 4 and 5 files)
  3. when the portfolio is completed they submit it to a Moodle assignment where is it locked
  4. tutor comes in to mark, is able to download the attached word documents of some students but not others. 

the tutor will either be able to download all of a students files or none of them 

Release 21.10.5
Version 2021080224

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

18 July 2023, 13:54

Hi Edd,

Do you have more information on how the documents are made available on the student pages? Do they use the 'Files to download' block or the 'Folder' block or do they link to the files in a 'Text' or 'Note' block? It would be great to have more information available. For the portfolios where the files are not available, can the documents be accessed when the student shares the portfolio with a lecturer directly in Mahara?

Thank you

Kristina

Edward Bolton's profile picture

19 July 2023, 20:47

Hi Kristina,

My understanding is that the students are given (not through Mahara) the documents (Ms Word) that need to be completed and uploaded to the portfolio.  

We have tested sharing the portfolios directly, but this does not work.  Even Admins get this error.  The only way that we have been able to retrieve the files is for an admin to masquerade as the student and download them then send them to the tutor.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

24 July 2023, 7:47

Hi Edd,

Since you say that the tutor can download some documents but not others, I suggest you trace back how the students made their Word documents available that can be accessed and how that differs from those that can't be accessed.

Thank you

Kristina

4 results