Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Some queries related to portfolio sign off and evidence framework

Yvonne Moore's profile picture

15 May 2023, 23:25

Hi 

We're looking at building a smart evidence framework to use in conjunction with the sign off/verify feature and some questions have arisen during our testing, which I hope soemone else has experience of.

1. Is it possible to restrict who is able to be given the 'manager' role for verifying a portfolio?  Currently it looks like the student can select anyone (person, friend, peer, manager).  
  2. Is it possible to export a framework to a '.matrix' file format?
  3. Is there a reason an inactive evidence framework would not appear in the list of 'editable' frameworks?
  4. Is there a limit to the number of pages you can have in a portfolio (when it is connected to an evidence framework)?

Thanks

Yvonne

Currently on v21.10 (moving to 22.10 soon)

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 May 2023, 13:35

Hi Yvonne,

To answer your questions:

1. Question: Is it possible to restrict who is able to be given the 'manager' role for verifying a portfolio?
    Answer: No. There are no restrictions in place at the moment.
  2. Question: Is it possible to export a framework to a '.matrix' file format?
    Answer: Yes, this feature was introduced in Mahara 22.04.
  3. Question: Is there a reason an inactive evidence framework would not appear in the list of 'editable' frameworks?
    Answer: No. This feature could be implemented.
  4. Question: Is there a limit to the number of pages you can have in a portfolio (when it is connected to an evidence framework)?
    Answer: No. You can add as many pages as you like. A paginator will be displayed if you have more than 5 pages.

Cheers

Kristina

23 May 2023, 0:39

Thanks Kristina.  Can I just clarify a couple of those answers.

1. Question: Is it possible to restrict who is able to be given the 'manager' role for verifying a portfolio?
    Answer: No. There are no restrictions in place at the moment.

So, this means that students can select other students in the role of manager (or reviewer)?  Does Mahara record the name of the person who has completed the assessment or verification? (And where is this visible - just in case students decide to be silly).

1. Question: Is there a reason an inactive evidence framework would not appear in the list of 'editable' frameworks?
    Answer: No. This feature could be implemented.

This is not something I wanted to happen, but is happening.  My understanding was that once a framework is made 'inactive' it should be visible in the list to edit.  Is this not the case?

One further question - I'm trying to create a template that will be stored at Site level for students to copy from.  The template has annotation blocks but every time I try to copy the template the annotation blocks disappear.  Is there any way to include the annotation blocks in a template?

Thanks.

Yvonne

23 May 2023, 13:04

Hi Yvonne,

When a manager signs off a portfolio that is recorded in the database and can be seen via the 'Help' icon that is displayed instead of the switch. There is no report though for that functionality, but that could be built. The only report that shows who is assigned as reviewer is when you use the portfolio review block, but that is a review of the entire portfolio, not single pages.

You can edit an inactive famework as long as nobody has used it. If it has been used, i.e. is selected for at least one collection, you can't make changes even if it's inactive, as it's in use.

Cheers

Kristina

25 May 2023, 0:27

Thanks again Kristina for your quick response.

Still in 22.10 I'm testing out the workflow of using the evidence framework, switching between tutor and student.  When it's time for the student to share the porfolio with their Reviewer the search option only shows first names.  This seems odd, and creates difficulty if two people have the same name because you can't identify which one is the right one to share with. I've searched the settings and the manual but I'm struggling to find how to change this.  Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Yvonne 

25 May 2023, 7:35

Hi Yvonne,

No knowing what your settings are, I can only assume that people have set a display name which is only their first name. If you don't want students to set a display name, disable the field in the administration / lock it after having removed all display names from the database.

Cheers

Kristina

6 results