Forums | Mahara Community
Mahara 23.04 has been released
28 April 2023, 19:38
We are pleased to announce Mahara 23.04, which we released today.
Highlights in Mahara 23.04 include:
- New portfolio type: Outcomes portfolio
- Submission of portfolios by creating a copy
- Blocks are added to a page full-width
- More robust PHP 8.1 support
Watch the feature release video for a brief description of the highlights in this release.
The Mahara manual is in the process of being updated with these and other new features as well as changed functionality. We expect to have that done within the next month.
The code for Mahara 23.04 is not publicly available at this stage. Please see the announcement. If you'd like to participate in the consultation about the funding future of the Mahara project, please get in touch.
Mahara 22.04 and 22.10 are still supported for security updates via the extended security support. Once the new service offering has been defined at the end of June / beginning of July 2023, details will be shared. The support for Mahara 21.10 ends now, and there is going to be one final minor point release early next week along with this major release. Support for Mahara 22.04 will end in October 2023, and Mahara 22.10 will be supported until April 2024. Mahara 24.03 will receive updates until October 2025.
For more information, please see our release cycle.
Support and bugs
If you find any bugs in this new release, please feel free to use our bug tracker to report them.
If you need help with anything, the support forum is the best place to ask your question.
Several organisations contributed to the release of Mahara 23.04 through funding new features and bug fixes and developing new features themselves. We want to thank all of them (in alphabetical order):
- CALL Learning
- Carleton University
- Pharmacy Council
- Universitat de Vic - Universitat Central de Catalunya
- Te Whatu Ora - Capital, Coast and Hutt Valley
- Te Whatu Ora - Te Toka Tumai Auckland
- Te Whatu Ora - Waitematā
- Wiltshire College and University Centre
We also wish to thank the people who contributed code to this release. They are listed according to the number of changesets:
|Cecilia Vela Gurovic||14||7.0%|
Fun statistic on top 10 most changed lines, which changes the picture a bit (excl. re-applied changes):
|Cecilia Vela Gurovic||3,101|
The organisations they work for or are associated with:
The most complete translations at the time of writing (at least 90%):
- Basque. Contributors over time: Abel Camacho, Asier Iturralde Sarasola, Ibai Oihanguren Sala, Iñaki Arenaza, José Miguel Andonegi, Juan Ezeiz, Ramón Ovelar
- Catalan. Contributors over time: Albert Gasset, Anna, David Planella, Joan Queralt Gil, JoanColl, Juan Segarra Montesinos, Puri Andrés, Richard Samson, Robert Antoni Buj Gelonch
- Czech. Contributors over time: Viktor Fuglík, Veronika Karičáková, David Mudrák, Adam Pátek, Matouš Trča, Marek Drahovzal, Lukáš Kotek, Jiřina Nováková, Tomáš Jeřábek
- Dutch. Contributors over time: Balaam's Miracle, Bas Brands, Eric, Jeroen Hendrickx, Joost Elshoff, Koen Roggemans, M Kerkhoff, Marinka van der Kolk, OpenEdu, Raoul Dorrisen, rmob, Snicksie, Volker Schmidt
- French. Contributors over time: Alain Benoit, Alain Bolli, Alexandre Croteau, Anne017, Aurelien Besson, Cmathieu, David Truong, Dominique-Alain Jan, Emilie Lenel, Équipe StudiUM, Eric Breton, François Lizotte, Giulia Vighetti, Hélène V., Jean Marc, londumas, Melvin Romero, Pascale Hyboud-Peron, Paula Caterino, Philippe Petitqueux, Pierre Guinoiseau, sic, Stéphane, Yannick Cordel
- German. Contributors over time: Andy Hediger, Anne Spindler, Bradley Pfau, Christian Kleinhanss, Daniel Winzen, Dennis Baudys, eledia, Ernst Artner, Ettore Atalan, Gunnar Staniczek, Heinz Krettek, Jan Behrens, Jonas Renggli, Jürgen Friedrich, Klaus Steitz, Kristina Höppner, Luca Bösch, M. Ehlers, Marcel Debray, Mathias, Michael Engel, Michael Wuttke, Moritz Ringler, N2k1, Nico Verse, Patrick Neumann, Ralf Hilgenstock, Ralph Ballier, Silas Zahner, Stefanie Berger, Steffen Pegenau, Stephan Woidowski, Tobias Bannert, TZI
- Japanese. Contributor over time: Mitsuhiro Yoshida
- Slovenian. contributors over time: Gregor Anželj, Janko Harej
- Te reo Māori. Contributor over time: Ian Cormack
There are many more translations of Mahara at varying stages of completeness.
The Mahara manual is also being translated. Many thanks to everyone contributing to that.
We want to acknowledge other groups of people as well who contributed to Mahara 23.04: graphic designers, business analysts, UX researchers, accessibility consultants, testers, documentation writers, system administrators, developers improving supporting infrastructure, and security researchers.
The 23.04 Release Managers at Catalyst
03 May 2023, 12:15
I am offering three sessions on the new features in Mahara 23.04 in a couple of weeks so we can take a closer look at them, in particular the outcomes portfolio functionality and the changes to the submission workflow.
- Session 1: 17 May 2023, 7:00-8:00 NZST (Americas, Africa, Europe)
- Session 2: 18 May 2023, 15:00-16:00 NZST (Australia, Pacific, Asia)
- Session 3: 18 May 2023, 20:00-21:00 NZST (Australia, Africa, Europe, Asia)
These sessions are free and I look forward to seeing you in one of them. Registration is open.