Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
need help with mahara simplesamlphp SAML2 intergration

shpetim aliaj's profile picture

28 April 2023, 1:38

Hi All,

I am trying to port mahara authentication to SAML.

I finished setting the requirements for the plugin, but having issues filling the field required on the wizard for the SAML.

Does anyone has notes for how to do the config on the plugin.

=Tim

shpetim aliaj's profile picture

16 May 2023, 10:01

Hi Guys,

I made some progress and put a custom field "eduPersonOrgDN" on the IDP to pass to the mahara to find the institution "Institution attribute". So i am able to create the saml2 authentication plugin configuration.

the issue is when i try to login i get these errrors:

[WAR] 0d (auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/vendor/robrichards/xmlseclibs/src/XMLSecurityKey.php:563) openssl_sign(): supplied key param cannot be coerced into a private key

Call stack (most recent first):
  • log_message(string(size 71), integer, true, true, string(size 104), integer) at /var/www/html/mahara/lib/errors.php:514
  • error(integer, string(size 71), string(size 104), integer, array(size 3)) at Unknown:0
  • openssl_sign(string(size 688), null, false, string(size 6)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/vendor/robrichards/xmlseclibs/src/XMLSecurityKey.php:563
  • RobRichards\XMLSecLibs\XMLSecurityKey->signOpenSSL(string(size 688)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/vendor/robrichards/xmlseclibs/src/XMLSecurityKey.php:644
  • RobRichards\XMLSecLibs\XMLSecurityKey->signData(string(size 688)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/vendor/simplesamlphp/saml2/src/SAML2/HTTPRedirect.php:65
  • SAML2\HTTPRedirect->getRedirectURL(object(SAML2\AuthnRequest)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/vendor/simplesamlphp/saml2/src/SAML2/HTTPRedirect.php:88
  • SAML2\HTTPRedirect->send(object(SAML2\AuthnRequest)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/modules/saml/lib/Auth/Source/SP.php:722
  • SimpleSAML\Module\saml\Auth\Source\SP->sendSAML2AuthnRequest(array(size 18), object(SAML2\HTTPRedirect), object(SAML2\AuthnRequest)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/modules/saml/lib/Auth/Source/SP.php:704
  • SimpleSAML\Module\saml\Auth\Source\SP->startSSO2(object(SimpleSAML\Configuration), array(size 18)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/modules/saml/lib/Auth/Source/SP.php:746
  • SimpleSAML\Module\saml\Auth\Source\SP->startSSO(string(size 59), array(size 15)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/modules/saml/lib/Auth/Source/SP.php:844
  • SimpleSAML\Module\saml\Auth\Source\SP->authenticate(array(size 15)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/lib/SimpleSAML/Auth/Source.php:210
  • SimpleSAML\Auth\Source->initLogin(string(size 51), null, array(size 3)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/lib/SimpleSAML/Auth/Simple.php:169
  • SimpleSAML\Auth\Simple->login(array(size 3)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/lib/SimpleSAML/Auth/Simple.php:111
  • SimpleSAML\Auth\Simple->requireAuth(array(size 2)) at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/index.php:129
  •  

[WAR] 0d (lib/errors.php:529) [SimpleSAML\Error\UnserializableException]: Failure Signing Data: error:0907B068:PEM routines:PEM_READ_BIO_PRIVATEKEY:bad password read - SHA256 at /var/www/html/mahara/auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/lib/SimpleSAML/Auth/Source.php:214

Please has anyone stumbled on this error before?

=Tim

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

16 May 2023, 13:31

Hi Tim,

What version of SAML are you using? Currently, Mahara doesn't support SAML 2.x yet.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results