Forums | Mahara Community

News /
Podcast episode 15 with John Ittelson

This topic is closed. Only moderators and the group administrators can post new replies.
Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 March 2023, 8:13

Good morning,

Has it already been two weeks since the last podcast episode went live? I guess so because I have another good one for you where I delve more into the early days of portfolios with ePortfolio enthusiast, veteran, and all around EdTech gadgets guru Dr John Ittelson, Professor Emeritus at California State University, Monterey Bay.

This was my first in-person recording as Bobbi Kamil, John's wife, and he visited Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington this summer, and we went on a bike ride around the bays on a gorgeous day. In the evening, we then actually recorded two episodes, as Bobbi also has a history with portfolios right when Empire State University was founded, which was interesting to explore a bit. You'll hear from her in two weeks. So make sure you subscribe to 'Create. Share. Engage.' in your podcast app or listen on the podcast website.

John shares how he - in hindsight - got interested in portfolios and authentic assessment, and where his love for all things broadcasting and multimedia stems from. He makes honourable mentions of Helen L. Chen and Helen Barrett in particular, as he can't talk about the history of #ePortfolio and not mention both Helen's.

I hope you enjoy this episode of one the the pioneers in ePortfolios.

Kristina

Podcast logo for 'Create. Share. Engage.' that is a hand drawn speech bubble with the three words in it. It sits alongside the episode title 'Documenting learning' and the podcast URL and 'Mahara podcast brought to you by Catalyst IT'.

1 result