Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Allow peers to see portfolio content

MarionMacDonald's profile picture

07 January 2023, 7:49

Hello

This setting is available when you add a new institution. https://manual.mahara.org/en/21.10/administration/institutions.html#edit-the-site-institution 

Is it possible to switch this on for an existing institution?  I haven't been able to find this setting anywhere.  Is there something else I need to switch on first?

Regards, Marion

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

09 January 2023, 13:40

Hi Marion,

This setting is currently only available in 'proper' institutions, but not in 'No institution'.

Cheers

Kristina

10 January 2023, 7:27

Thanks Kristina

I've created a new institution and I'm trying to add people using a CSV file but I get:

Error on line 2: "user123" is not a member of the institution temp.

(temp being the name I've given the institution (just testing).

Regards, Marion

10 January 2023, 8:55

Hi Marion,

Can you please provide the steps that you took to add the accounts? It sounds like you activated the option to update accounts rather than adding new accounts. It's important to know what the settings are for the options on the 'Add or update accounts by CSV' page.

Thank you

Kristina

10 January 2023, 22:18

Thank you once again, Kristina, that was it.

Is it not possible to bulk add members to a new institution if they are already on our Mahara site?  I am now getting an error message that the emails in the CSV already exist.  We used to have different institutions but not now and I can't remember how I added people - probably manually since large numbers were not in question.

What I would really like to do is enable users to access peer assessment.  The different institutions were had previously used are not currently enabled and we have an internal institution.  I was testing to see if I could create a new institution and add all current active users.

Regards, Marion

13 January 2023, 15:29

Hi Marion,

You can move people from one institution to another via a CSV file in Mahara 22.10, which was funded by an Australian university. You can't use it to keep them in two institutions though.

You can add people in bulk to another institution via Admin menu → Institutions → Members. The display there is limited to 100 people at a time so that may be a bit limited if you want to move large numbers of people that would be displayed on different screens. Happy to look into how to improve that if you are keen on funding that.

Thank you

Kristina

6 results