Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Mahara 22.04 massive amount of notification errors

Joost Elshoff's profile picture

20 September 2022, 21:24

Hi community!

At our institution, we're using a Mahara 22.04 instance for which I have admin access. Over the last few weeks, we're seeing massive amounts of 'notification errors likely due to your server's configuration' type error notifications (> 1000 per day).

Is there any way to discover what causes this to happen? And are there ways to solve it?

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

22 September 2022, 16:25

Hi Joost,

Have you checked your error log? Typically, there would be more information included unless there is already more info provided in the notification that talks about the error itself. It's likely that the mail server is not configured correctly. Without having any more details, we can't really propose a way forward. Your tech team or provider would be the first port of call to check for more info.

Cheers

Kristina

28 September 2022, 2:04

Well, we'll proceed to ask our hosting partner about that. There's no way to consult the error log from the front end, I imagine.

Thanks for getting back to me on this though.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 September 2022, 8:20

Hi Joost,

If the problem also occurs on a testing site, you may be able to see more information there if it is set to 'productionmode = false' in the config.php.

Cheers

Kristina

30 September 2022, 3:10

Sometimes it helps to attend a conference with a lot of Mahara experts (Catalyst IT team) around :)

We were able to reverse engineer the possible cause of the error message by searching in the code for triggers... it may have to do with a mail server connection issue, so we proceeded to address that first.

5 results