Forums | Mahara Community

Developers /
Elastic Search 7, no wildcard search?

28 July 2022, 22:15

Hi All!

We were very pleased to see the new Mahara ElasticSearch7 plugin. We have got this running and it works fine. However, we noticed that wildcard search (expensive search) doesn't work.

This makes it not really usable. Most of our users try to find other students and sometimes the spelling of the name is difficult. So they use partial search for the student name, with a wildcard.

Is there anything we are missing? Should I report this as a bug and is there something we can change on our side to make wildcard search working?

Thanks in advance!

Richard.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

29 July 2022, 12:37

Hi Richard,

Great that you are giving Elasticsearch 7 a go. Elasticsearch 5/6 didn't do wildcard search and thus we haven't developed that for Elasticsearch 7 yet as we were looking to get feature parity as best as possible. Patches or funding are welcome to get this done. :-)

Cheers

Kristina

23 August 2022, 21:03

Sure, we would like to fund.

This week we are setting up Mahara for next school year, but we find it so difficult. 

Could we get (paid?) support somewhere on Mahara? I could ask OpenEdu as well for this?

It's just to difficult. We are with a team of 3 E-Learning experts and yet simply can not understand how to work with Smart Evidence Frameworks. Or, it's just buggy. I will post it in another threat.

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

25 August 2022, 8:20

Hi Richard,

Great that you'd be open to sponsoring this feature. We'll take a look to get an estimate to you.

As far as support of Mahara goes, our team at Catalyst in New Zealand or OpenEdu in the Netherlands would be good options to discuss your requirements.

Cheers

Kristina

4 results