Forums | Mahara Community

Open Discussion /
Share Pages & Collections with multiple users at the same time

Clint de Sousa's profile picture

24 June 2022, 21:55

Good Morning, 

I would like to share pages/ collections with multiple users at the same time instead of going in and sharing them 1 at a time. Is there a workable way to do this?

To share a collection at the moment the steps I follow are: 

1. Select the portfolio to share
  2. Click on "More Options" the 3 dots under the collection 
  3. Click "Manage"
  4. Go to the "shared with" section
  5. In the "Share with" drop-down list click "Person"
  6. Search the person
  7. Select the role "peer and manager"
  8. Save

I repeat this process however many times until all the people that I would like to share the page with are shared.

Is there a better quicker process to follow where I can share more than 1 person in a single step?

Thank you in advance.

Clint 

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

27 June 2022, 16:10

Hi Clint,

You only need to share a portfolio with someone as peer if you are using the 'Peer assessment' block and a manager if you are using the verification functionality in the 'Sign-off' block. In order to allow somebody to assess a SmartEvidence collection, they require the 'Staff' role in your institution, which you can set in Administration menu → Institutions → Staff.

If you have a set group of people to whom you want to give access to certain portfolios, you can set them up as a group and then assign permissions to the group.

Cheers

Kristina

Clint de Sousa's profile picture

29 June 2022, 23:21

Hi Kristina

Thank you for your response.

We have in the past created groups, set permissions for that group, and then shared the group but it didn't work the way we expected it to. Are there tutorials or user guides that I could have a look at to ensure I am following the correct steps and procedures when setting up the groups?

Thanks,

Clint

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

05 July 2022, 14:42

Hi Clint,

The Mahara manual details the options you have for the group setup. Since groups are set up for a wide range of scenarios, I can't say which setup would work best for you. It would be good to know what you were expecting in step-by-step form so we get a better idea of what workflow you envisage.

Thank you

Kristina

4 results