Forums | Mahara Community

Support /
Assign new page to students

Luca Porcaro's profile picture

12 June 2022, 5:18

Hello community, I have a Mahara platform installed for an Italian university, and there are hundred registered users. At the beginning I created portfolio page and the platform was empty, and while students were registering they had this page ready to compile in their profile. Now the University asked me to create a new portfolio page for these students for next year, but I don't know how to make it available, because it seems that this new page is availabe only for new registered users.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan Murphy's profile picture

13 June 2022, 8:19

Hi Luca

You can achieve this by setting up a controlled group and making all the students a member of the group. You then set up the page you want the students to get in the pages and collections section of the group. Once this is done you can push the page to all members of the group through the share option on the menu select the page and then select the padlock, then select advanced options and the option copy for existing group members allows you to push the page to all members of the group. It works a treat. You can now push smart evidence grids and portfolio completion for collections as well. I use this to give our students one module at a time.

Jonathan

Kristina Hoeppner's profile picture

13 June 2022, 16:16

Hi Luca,

What Jonathan describes is the way to go if you don't want to develop some new functionality. If you have lots of students, the copying may take a while.

It is normal Mahara behaviour that only newly registered people would receive an institution or site portfolio into their account, but not existing students. You could achieve the copying of institution or site portfolios with additional code, and for example, schedule the copying of a template at the start of an academic year.

Cheers

Kristina

3 results